Poll: Vox VT100 vs Peavy Valveking 112
Poll Options
View poll results: Vox VT100 vs Peavy Valveking 112
Vox VT100: [url]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/78167[/url]
7 37%
Peavy Valveking: [url]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-valve-king-112/68946[/url]
12 63%
Voters: 19.
Basically what the name says. I play rock/blues with an epiphone dot, so yeah. Any other suggestions in that price range are appreciated, but needs to be quite loud, as im actively gigging.
cheers
In a soundcheck there's never too much guitar. Just not enough of all the other instruments.

Quote by skwelcher
i dont think theres any reason to buy a gibson when you can buy an epi that looks the same
valveking man. The reverb rocks and you can go from the most crisp, clear tone to the gainiest, rip your head off lead tone and everywhere in between..
My roommates VT30 sounds great so I can only imagine the same outta the VT100. That said I just picked up a Peavey Classic 30, and if the Valveking is anything like it the all tube sound blows the digital amps out of the water in my opinion.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzeffsw7z_U
This guy says the amp isn't exactly the best for blues as it's more of a hard rock and metal amp. You may want to look into a Peavey Classic 30 or 50 as well. What type of rock are you looking at? If you want a Led Zeppelin to AC/DC type of rock it would be different from something like the Beatles. The Classic 30 I have is great for the Marshall style blues and rock while a Fender may be more of the lighter side depending on what kind of tone you want. So unless you're going heavy the Valveking may not be your cup of tea (although I've never played one, and the guy in that video has a decent tone so who knows).
Last edited by mattvl at Aug 18, 2009,
When Dialled in right the valve king sounds incredible for blues rock, if u get one i'd suggest you use a patch cable in the effects loop though.
The VK nails blues rock. That's pretty much the exact genre it's best for, though you can do a lot of stuff with it, especially with an OD pedal used as a boost.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by mattvl
My roommates VT30 sounds great so I can only imagine the same outta the VT100. That said I just picked up a Peavey Classic 30, and if the Valveking is anything like it the all tube sound blows the digital amps out of the water in my opinion.

The ValveKing is NOTHING like the Classic30. Not even close...

Valveking is better for Metal - much more gain, clean is OK, but not great.
Classic 30 is better for Classic Rock / Blues. Clean is FANTASTIC, gain is Decent but not great...

Personally, I'd take the the Classic 30 with a Decent Distortion pedal to cover the metal...

But sticking strictly to the 2 choices, I'd take the ValveKing..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 18, 2009,