I've come to the pit to ask of their almighty knowledge of all... this time about pc speakers. Seriously, I have no idea where to start. So basically I'm looking for 5.1 surround sound speakers for my bedroom for music and gaming within a price range of £100-£150 ($150-$250). So... has anyone got any decent speakers they have or know of? Please share
Quote by jordan_yeah11
you can buy speakers? i thought they just came with the computer

wat

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by jordan_yeah11
you can buy speakers? i thought they just came with the computer

Quote by livnew
I've come to the pit to ask of their almighty knowledge of all... this time about pc speakers. Seriously, I have no idea where to start. So basically I'm looking for 5.1 surround sound speakers for my bedroom for music and gaming within a price range of £100-£150 ($150-$250). So... has anyone got any decent speakers they have or know of? Please share

5.1 surround will do nothing for your music unless you get multichannel stuff. That's rare.

Also consider that you'll need a 5.1 soundcard (if you haven't already)
Quote by Stormx
5.1 surround will do nothing for your music unless you get multichannel stuff. That's rare.

Also consider that you'll need a 5.1 soundcard (if you haven't already)

^ this is probably smart

edit: check a computer store?
You really don't need surround sound for gaming. And most speakers aren't that different unless you go surround sound. For that, you'd need a surround sound card, and most music isn't mixed in 5.1. You're better off going to Best Buy or whatever is near you and buying a nice 60-100 USD set of speakers. Logitech are always a good brand, I have Logitech Z4 2.1 speakers and they sound fantastic and only cost 60 bucks.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
For that, get a hi-fi instead - you need a phono out of some sort on your pc, an amp and a decent set of speakers (2.0 or 4.0), but you shouldn't need a woofer if you have quality speakers. Woofers at that kind of price range tend to be a bit naff anyways
Logitech Z-5500!

I've heard great things about these. One day they shall be mine..
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Quote by nigeltheginger
For that, get a hi-fi instead - you need a phono out of some sort on your pc, an amp and a decent set of speakers (2.0 or 4.0), but you shouldn't need a woofer if you have quality speakers. Woofers at that kind of price range tend to be a bit naff anyways

I bought a Compaq Premier Sound second hand. it has a subwoofer which is about 75% of the size of my (large) desktop rig. It sounds wonderful, and was only £60 or so.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
$250 for computer speakers?

Agreed. Save up some more money, buy a nice Hi-Fi setup, and route your computers audio through it.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by pHaKe
You really don't need surround sound for gaming. And most speakers aren't that different unless you go surround sound. For that, you'd need a surround sound card, and most music isn't mixed in 5.1. You're better off going to Best Buy or whatever is near you and buying a nice 60-100 USD set of speakers. Logitech are always a good brand, I have Logitech Z4 2.1 speakers and they sound fantastic and only cost 60 bucks.

This. I have the Z3 set and they're bangin' for music and games. Only £40 in a sale.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

go to PC world and tell us exactly what you told us; they'll be more helpful I think.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I bought some 5.1 speakers think it was 30W or something for about 50£ they were from creative, my sister ended up stealing them from me, but God they sounded good. Could play really loud and the sounds was superb. 250£ for speakers holy **** you're nuts :p
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
cardboard box, get in it, make music yourself.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Ok guys thanks for the help. I guess I will settle with 2.1 because I doubt my comp will have a 5.1 sound card.