i'm kinda pissed off with people using accents that aren't there own when they're singing, unless they pull it off quite well so it's kina unnoticable. So Pit, i wanna know what your views are on this. i've seen some people have little rants half like this a few years ago, this can be any accents. in some cases i guess it's ok, but when someone can't imitate the accents then they just shouldn't do it. i've noticed so much more on accents since i started *trying* to sing, so i use my own.post vids/links of bad accents.

http://www.myspace.com/xpaulbrownx
this kid uses a bad american accent.

if i could make a poll, i would, i just fail at innernetz.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Last edited by ilovepepsi at Aug 18, 2009,
IMO it depends on the artist. Some people do other accents very well and add more flavor to their vocals.

edit: That kid is a Generic Male Popstar with a guitar wannabe.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Last edited by BruceWillisman at Aug 18, 2009,
I find a lot of British singers start to sing with an american accent anyway, so i kinda got used to it
There is a swedish band called Bob Hund where the singer sings with a strong accent. You sing along with the accent because it sounds so nice.
people should just sing naturally.. if that happens to be another accent let it be.. but when people put on American accents to sound good, and fail miserably, facepalm moments ensue in the plenty.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Love April
There is a swedish band called Bob Hund where the singer sings with a strong accent. You sing along with the accent because it sounds so nice.

He's the only singer that can pull that accent off, though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You sing with a northern irish accent? I don't like putting on an accent but seriously, singing with a northern irish accent is much worse, imo. That Duke Special guy really annoys me.

EDIT: I know that boy in the link! And i have heard his stuff before too. Reaaaaally forced Blink 182 accent/voice
Last edited by downey17 at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by downey17
You sing with a northern irish accent? I don't like putting on an accent but seriously, singing with a northern irish accent is much worse, imo. That Duke Special guy really annoys me.

i'm not exactly "putting it on", it's my own accent. and yeah, i don't like that guy either

Quote by downey17

EDIT: I know that boy in the link! And i have heard his stuff before too. Reaaaaally forced Blink 182 accent/voice

i've only heard him on there, and sometimes it just makes me cringe hearing those words sung like that.

Quote by God

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

Last edited by ilovepepsi at Aug 18, 2009,
I sing in another accent, not that i sing in a band or anything.
But its because im from northern ireland and if you tried to sing with my accent. Well. Yeh. It would fail.

Edit: ah. I see people have already mentioned the northern irish accent.
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
Last edited by trivium036 at Aug 18, 2009,
If you have a Northern Irish accent, why would you ever want to use anything else?
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by ilovepepsi
i'm not exactly "putting it on", it's my own accent. and yeah, i don't like that guy either

i've only heard him on there, and sometimes it just makes me cringe hearing those words sung like that.

Sorry I wasn't saying you put on the accent, I was saying I prefer to put one on because I don't like my own accent when singing.

You aren't from Derry are you?
I find the Kooks disgust me for this.
Sounds like putting a cat in a grinder.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by downey17
Sorry I wasn't saying you put on the accent, I was saying I prefer to put one on because I don't like my own accent when singing.

You aren't from Derry are you?

not from the city like, a village in south derry.
thats alright, i musta got confused, i like my own accent rather than a different one

Quote by God

Quote by JDbbx

Quote by StrayCatBlues
If you have a Northern Irish accent, why would you ever want to use anything else?

are....you saying our accents are good or bad? lol

Quote by God

Quote by JDbbx

I really dodnt care, and most english acts sound american when they sing
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Haha I always sound British when I sing because my vocal heroes (other than John Mayer) are David Gilmour, Chris Martin, Rick Wright, Thom Yorke, Hendrix, Bono, and Clapton... I'm probably forgetting someone but you can see how I might sound British.

I'll work on it, TS.
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

- Stephen King, The Stand
i hate spanish covers of english songs soooo much....i always get sent them and i'm like fuuuck i don't wanna hear this. no offense to the south americans but you guys, when you sing english covers, it sounds just way too weird for me
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
I prefer it when singers sing without an accent. I would have never known where Mikael Akerfeldt was from, purely from his singing voice.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by AJKane
Haha I always sound British when I sing because my vocal heroes (other than John Mayer) are David Gilmour, Chris Martin, Rick Wright, Thom Yorke, Hendrix, Bono, and Clapton... I'm probably forgetting someone but you can see how I might sound British.

I'll work on it, TS.

aye i understand
it's just that you're influenced by them singers so that helps your vocals.

Quote by God

Quote by JDbbx

listen to the script......the singer is irish but sounds like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOpgGwZaY0A

personally i like the accent he uses for singing
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
When I sing it doesn't sounds like how I speak, since I aim to make it sound good, as opposed to my apathetic non-region specific drawl.

I love how Andy Chung sings with his accent.

Edit: Oh and some songs I like to try and sound like Paul Gilbert singing. With the rough "Yeah!!"'s, Jumpin' Jack Flash style
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Aug 18, 2009,
On the subject of "American" sounding people who have british accents in real life, this is not allways put on. the American accent puts alot of emphasis on vowels; so do most people's singing voices. someone who sings "in an accent" I would say nine times out of ten is "talking in tune" rather than singing...

I don't know, that's just the way I feel about it, My singing voice is alot more slack jawed than my speaking voice. I've got a bit of a scottish speaking voice if I 'sing' with a 'scottish accent' it sounds like, 'speaking in tune' as I said before. I hate all these indy bands that're like "oh, look at us, we're so roots singing in our own local dialect" it's so pretentious, and negates the vowel thing I mentioned. there is a difference between singing in your talking voice, singing in your singing voice, and singing in a forced american accent.
Last edited by jimRH7 at Aug 18, 2009,