I'm tired of playing through my crappy amp and I'm joining a band, which is why I need a new amp.

We're not going to be gigging, we're playing amongst ourselves; we're composed of a singer, a drummer, 2 guitarists and a bassist.
I'd like this to be a tube combo amp; it'll be used for both home and band practise.
I mostly play blues, classic rock...anything but metal.
My priority for this amp is getting a good clean sound and for it to take pedals well, 'cos I'll mostly get my overdrive from pedals. But a nice natural OD is always welcomed
I play a Godin LGX, and I'll be getting a G&L Legacy.
My budget's up to about 600$, I'll be buying it used.

I'll consider anything within my price range!

Thanks!
Well a Fender Blues Deluxe or a Hot Rod Deluxe sounds right up your alley, I think you could get one for 600 used. Also give the Peavey Classic 30 a look, I've seen them for 400 used.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by SkaJon
Well a Fender Blues Deluxe or a Hot Rod Deluxe sounds right up your alley, I think you could get one for 600 used. Also give the Peavey Classic 30 a look, I've seen them for 400 used.

These are great options, i'd go with the Peavey Classic 30 though, it sounds better to me, and with that extra $200 u can use it to buy a noise gate, eq pedal or some other good pedals
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
I tried my teacher's Classic 30 and was kinda disappointed... I thought the cleans sounded kinda thin.
Yeah I can't reccomend the Classic 30/50s enough. It's not quite a Marshall distortion and not quite a Fender clean but close enough at a great price, and it loves pedals. I got my classic 50 for $400 and I love it.
Les Paul Traditional '08
Fender American Strat '99
Martin D16
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
535 Crybaby-Whammy-Small Clone-DD7 Delay

"I have a very high EQ--something like 3,000 hertz. If I think too hard, my brain hertz." Harrison
Quote by ARguitars
I tried my teacher's Classic 30 and was kinda disappointed... I thought the cleans sounded kinda thin.

Then maybe the Hot Rod Deluxe is better for you. Also look into used Vox AC30s and possibly a booster or overdrive pedal.
Quote by ARguitars

I can't remember do the 30s have the standard and bright inputs? I know with my 50 the bright makes it sound kind of weak so I'd check that out. But if the cleans aren't for you try the fenders with an OD pedal.
Les Paul Traditional '08
Fender American Strat '99
Martin D16
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
535 Crybaby-Whammy-Small Clone-DD7 Delay

"I have a very high EQ--something like 3,000 hertz. If I think too hard, my brain hertz." Harrison
Vox AC 15 and AC 30s are very nice amps, I would love one! hahaha Seriously though what's on your local Craigslist? I personally love all the amps metioned but the Hot Rod is my favorite for cleans too, although the Drive on the Peavey is very nice. I personally would have no problem with either one but it's up to you my friend. Good Luck!
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
In the current production stuff, I'd probably take the Hot Rod.

Are there other amps I should look at, which aren't made anymore?
I realized that I'd be using the amp much more at home then anywhere else... So would an amp in the 15-20 watt range would still be able to keep up with the whole band?
I was thinking of a Blues Junior