I have wrote a pretty simple song to get me started on the way to song writing. It goes Am - C - G - Em (fingerpicked clean) then a heavier chorus - (powerchords) A - B - C - G - A - E - G - A - C - E (12th) - D - C - B - A.

It sonunds alright i think but anyway...

I am trying to come with a slow - medium speed solo based on the Aeolin mode. Thing is, whenever i play the solo it sounds crap with the rythms i come up with so i wanted to see if anyone had any idea as to what backing riff to the solo should be.

I want to experiment a bit so i was trying to figure out how i would play F#m solo instead of an Am or something (circle of fifths) but i just get confused!

Any help on either would be tremendously appreciated!!
I usually start with minor pentatonic and then try adding some minor scale notes that aren't in pentatonic scale.
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

Quote by Keenan-91
I have wrote a pretty simple song to get me started on the way to song writing. It goes Am - C - G - Em (fingerpicked clean) then a heavier chorus - (powerchords) A - B - C - G - A - E - G - A - C - E (12th) - D - C - B - A.

It sonunds alright i think but anyway...

I am trying to come with a slow - medium speed solo based on the Aeolin mode. Thing is, whenever i play the solo it sounds crap with the rythms i come up with so i wanted to see if anyone had any idea as to what backing riff to the solo should be.

I want to experiment a bit so i was trying to figure out how i would play F#m solo instead of an Am or something (circle of fifths) but i just get confused!

Any help on either would be tremendously appreciated!!

well all those chords your using are in the a minor/c major scale. i really wouldnt use a mode as this just seems like a basic a minor song. the blues scale is a *great* scale to solo on because it can be used on jsut about anything. an A blues scale would be A-C-D-D#-E-G-A

that scale is a good one to learn if you dont know it already. for advanced soling use the arpeggios in the chords that are being played. so ACE,BFD,CEG,GBD,,ACE,EGB,GBD,ACE,CEG,EGB.

thats for your Heavier chorus. cool concepts would be 7th's and 9ths but id say thats getting into really complicated soling. a minor scale A-B-C-D-E-F-G-A, for c major do the same scale except start on C.