so i see a mbox2 mini w/protools on craigslist for $150.... a good buy?
is there anything else i should be looking at in that price range? i just want to record into my computer and get decent quality, so i can layer over the mp3 on a video for my youtube channel.
Overkill. It's a good deal, but you'd only need it if you're recording full songs.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Make sure there's a serial number for ProTools, otherwise you have to buy it all over again even if you have the disc.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Good price but if all you're looking to do is create audio for YouTube that will be hopelessly compressed it is overkill. And heed Sid McCall's advice on the serial.
Quote by ebon00
Good price but if all you're looking to do is create audio for YouTube that will be hopelessly compressed it is overkill. And heed Sid McCall's advice on the serial.

then what wouldnt be overkill?
i need it to come with recording software
Behringer UCA 202 and Audacity is all you need for basic recording. If you want to get fiddly try Reaper.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
Behringer UCA 202 and Audacity is all you need for basic recording. If you want to get fiddly try Reaper.

that wont sound like crap?

how about the Digitechs and Zooms that have the usb recording and come with cubase? yes or no?

and another quick question. can i record like this?

guitar-> digitech RP200-> roland cube->interface->computer

or maybe leave out the amp and just have the pedal running into the interface.
would that work?
Guitar -> Interface -> Reaper vith amp sim VST's (check out the VST guide thread here).
No it won't sound crap, unless you haven't a clue about recording. You said you were looking for something to record with full stop, you never specified that you needed an amp sim. You can do the PC amp sim thing like GisleAune said, or you can use hardware sims. You decide.
Quote by Tombe
Mbox's are over rated and over priced.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
Mbox's are over rated and over priced.

You pay to be able to use Pro Tools. It's always been that way...
Quote by Tombe