hmmm a Line 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLZ

Nah- go with the 5150 as suggested above- you may even be able to find a used Marshall JCM combo- but you need to patient and check craigslist frequently.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Either an MG with it's awesome crushing overdrive,or get a Spider iii and leave it on the insane channel for your whole life.
Quote by Firebirdz
Either an MG with it's awesome crushing overdrive,or get a Spider iii and leave it on the insane channel for your whole life.

I actually laughed out loud on that one
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
I actually laughed out loud on that one

I can image you laughing right now with your Line 6 Spider 30 watt on insane right now.
Just because thats what i use for bedroom practicing doesn't mean thats what i gig with buddy.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
Just because thats what i use for bedroom practicing doesn't mean thats what i gig with buddy.

I just find it funny that you bad mouth the amp and have a cross over it in your avatar but you still use it? I find that quite hysterical.
Well then you sir, are an idiot. You gotta use what you got. And for bedroom practicing, thats what i got. But for Band Practicing and Gigging, I have a Marshall Modern Vintage. (Technically)

Still laughing?
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
Well then you sir, are an idiot. You gotta use what you got. And for bedroom practicing, thats what i got. But for Band Practicing and Gigging, I have a Marshall Modern Vintage. (Technically)

Still laughing?

Your a hypocrite and quite honestly, pathetic. You're probably only hating the Line 6 because everyone else is. I personally think it is a ok practice amp and don't have anything against it. I seen a lot of players like yourself that seem to be ashamed to have a Line 6 spider but that isn't the "in" thing. Seriously, don't be ashamed because you have a practice amp that the UG bandwagon doesn't like. Do you even know what model of the Marshall Moderns you're using?

I'm still laughing because you're still a hypocrite.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 18, 2009,
I didn't say the Spider was Bad. I said i didn't like it. There's a difference. Look at my other forum posts about what i have said about the Spider. It's a "great" amp. I just dont like it because i realized it wasn't what i wanted after i bought it.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
I didn't say the Spider was Bad. I said i didn't like it. There's a difference. Look at my other forum posts about what i have said about the Spider. It's a "great" amp. I just dont like it because i realized it wasn't what i wanted after i bought it.

*looks at message under username*
*looks at avatar*
*looks at sad face beside Line 6 spider 30 in Knightmare444's sig *

It's getting so stupid up in here that it is giving me a headache. I'm done arguing with you. Good day.
get a peavey vypyr, theyre awesome
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Either a Line 6 Flextone III or a Peavey Vypyr 60.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Depends on what type of metal you're referring to?

Modern metal/metalcore - Used Peavey 5150/6505
Thrash/80's metal - Used Peavey Windsor (or new if you can bump your budget up a bit) + Bad Monkey (if you'd like a bit more drive)

Or you could look into modeling amps like that Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronix, or a Line 6 Flextone.

Also, amp related questions should be posted in the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" forum
Jeez, what's with all the bickering?

If you want to go cheap, B-52 is your best way to go, I'd prefer a used 5150 though.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
B52 AT112!!

or a used 5150

I own the AT112, and it has great distortion and also nice cleans.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Depends on what type of metal you're referring to?

Modern metal/metalcore - Used Peavey 5150/6505
Thrash/80's metal - Used Peavey Windsor (or new if you can bump your budget up a bit) + Bad Monkey (if you'd like a bit more drive)

Or you could look into modeling amps like that Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronix, or a Line 6 Flextone.

Also, amp related questions should be posted in the "Guitar Gear and Accessories" forum

How about brutal death metal?
Quote by herman ri2
Your a hypocrite and quite honestly, pathetic. You're probably only hating the Line 6 because everyone else is. I personally think it is a ok practice amp and don't have anything against it. I seen a lot of players like yourself that seem to be ashamed to have a Line 6 spider but that isn't the "in" thing. Seriously, don't be ashamed because you have a practice amp that the UG bandwagon doesn't like. Do you even know what model of the Marshall Moderns you're using?

I'm still laughing because you're still a hypocrite.

And you are damn right mister.I own a spider 3 150watts head with a 4x12 cab and nothing as even come close to shut me down. I use it for practice and stage at different volume level and the tone is always right.
Carvin MTS3200/3212 (used)... Line 6 Vetta or Vetta II combo (used); Peavey 5150, 5150 II, 6505, 6505+, or JSX combo (used). Lots of other things I'm sure.