I am looking to get a nice good EVH guitar (strat style not a peavey or wolfgang) so where is the best place to get one from?

Thanks in advance, got to be in Europe or the UK though.
Legend.
Quote by Lord_Westwood
I am looking to get a nice good EVH guitar (strat style not a peavey or wolfgang) so where is the best place to get one from?

1) Get a Strat and some masking stuff + paint

2) **** up the pickups etc

3) paint it

4) done.

Or just google Frankenstrat and see where it takes you.

Yes, in all honestly, why pay too much for a shoddy copy when you can just as well, if not better, do it yourself It's not even a good looking paintjob on the strat anyway imo
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by Lord_Westwood
Damn i only need £1500 now!

how much did you think they were going to be? it`s a high end signature guitar......
Quote by Slicer666
1) Get a Strat and some masking stuff + paint

2) **** up the pickups etc

3) paint it

4) done.

Or just google Frankenstrat and see where it takes you.

Yes, in all honestly, why pay too much for a shoddy copy when you can just as well, if not better, do it yourself It's not even a good looking paintjob on the strat anyway imo

I would do this is if I was you. It would end up being alot cheaper, plus you could a better paint job on it. You said the store had to be in Europe right? Well that obviously means your somewhere in Europe so put your country's flag on the guitar is its simple enough. like the English flag.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I like the EVH colour scheme and i didn't expect £1500 i mean £1000 maybe but dayum!
Legend.
Well just buy a strat, paint it, and change the pickups
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
look for a used Charvel and go from there
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
pretty cool store though, surprised they have the charvel evh its like 3000 american money. Still people over there are paying a bit more on gear.
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by Lord_Westwood

ebay??
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
look around on ebay. there are tons of guitars people have painted themselves that they can't get much for now because they're "custom" painted.

just make sure the instrument they started with was quality (maybe a fender strat of some sort, at least something you've heard of). just make sure there are decent pictures of it in the auction, and ask a lot of questions (to make sure the seller is legitimate, and you probably have lots of questions about a frankenstrat type guitar anyway).
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
make your own
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Was I the only one who noticed "Europe or the UK"? Is the UK not in Europe anymore? Did it float away?
Quote by voteforpedro36
Was I the only one who noticed "Europe or the UK"? Is the UK not in Europe anymore? Did it float away?

No but i would prefer it from the UK. Ah got to love UG n00bz. Can you still set a guitar up well if you take the floyd off to paint it?
Legend.
www.evhgear.com

Well, theyused to have it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Aug 19, 2009,