...guitar companies don't give you enough options to work with? For example, ESP/LTD has Horizons, I love how they look, especially the green and blue quilted ones. They primarily put either EMGs or SD JB/59 sets in their guitars. I prefer EMGs, yet sadly they don't make blue or green ones with EMGs unless you want a floyd, which I don't, so I'd be stuck with SDs. Not that SDs are bad they're just not what I want/need. Long story short, I want a green quilted Horizon with a hard tail and an 81/85 set and I don't wanna pay the extra 200 bucks to have EMGs installed. Why won't you make em that way ESP????? Ok I'm done.

END RANT
Sell the SD's to cover the cost of the EMGs?

I dunno, but yea it sucks when you can' find exactly what you want from a company.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
I understand the rant....but...

They can't please everyone....no one can....

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
swap the pickups yourself...? search for the EMG's used so you get them for a lot cheaper and change them out yourself?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Well one can always say thats why custom shops exist....

but I see where you are coming from- the lack of colors in the Horizon series is frustrating. When i was considering buying a Horizon with EMGs I wasn't sold on the quilted red- I liked the deep blue of the NT model with the duncans
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by EndTheRapture51
1) Take out the Duncans
2) Sell the Duncans
3) Buy The EMGS
4) ????
5) Profit!!!

I dunno if there would be a profit but yes I could sell the Duncans. Problem is I don't know if I'd have to pay someone to route out a section for the 18v mod, which would cost extra money.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
doesn`t esp have a custom order form on their site........

its like 4.5 for the cheapest options! i mean seriously its cheaper to buy a higher quality production one
Quote by ibanezgod1973
doesn`t esp have a custom order form on their site........

Yea if you wanna pay the $5500 to get exactly what I'd want, which would pretty much be a pickup swap, in which case it would make a lot more sense to just swap out the pups.
If you want to pay someone to do the 18V mod it won't matter if you buy the EMGs stock or aftermarket...you're paying for them anyways.

if you're buying a guitar for that kind of money though, you don't want to go and rip out its insides immediately while the thing has its tags on it. I would feel weird modding an expensive guitar like that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by leftyace
If you want to pay someone to do the 18V mod it won't matter if you buy the EMGs stock or aftermarket...you're paying for them anyways.

Thats not the issue, it's whether or not I'll have to pay someone to cut out space enough to fit 2x9 volts in a guitar made to have passive pups. There could be plenty of space, but this I do not know for sure.
i don`t play a esp and have no ambition to but have visited their site once and saw the form........
Quote by zhunt1130
Thats not the issue, it's whether or not I'll have to pay someone to cut out space enough to fit 2x9 volts in a guitar made to have passive pups. There could be plenty of space, but this I do not know for sure.

Well, you'll never really know until you check out cavity yourself or talk to someone that did a similar mod. There should be enough room for the Actives but im not entirely sure about the second 9v.

I think the LTD 1000 series is quite an impressive series of guitars. Considering the 1000 series has many color and bridge options available.

But all in all, no, they can't please everyone. I do think it's stupid how the EC-1000 only comes in transparent black and the amber sunburst is the only EC-1000 with seymour duncans. I also think they should have an ebony fretboard for the see-through purple finish.

Schecter C's are a great example of different options. The Classic being the most versatile by far, and the Hellraiser being for Br00t4Lz tone (also having the option for having a FR and 7 stings). Then the Artist, Artist 2, Plus, E/A , Blackjack, Shedevil, Blood Moon, Artist Limited Edition, C-1, Baritone, Lady Luck, ATX, C-7 (with optional FR) and Jeff Loomis only add more options and more reach in players, from beginners to experienced guitar players.

Not to mention the fact that Schecter also makes a C bass series, and they are just milking the hell out of the C shape.

I've been seeing more and more options being available for guitars lately. I think guitar companies are finally starting to understand how to please most guitar players by adding options.

I completely agree with most people that guitar companies can't please everyone (but Warmoth can), but there's so many different guitars and options out there that are available, there's no way in hell you can't find a guitar you won't like.

EDIT: Back to Schecter, I almost forgot about Hellraiser is it's own series as well; For Br00t4Lz metal guitarists. Deluxe, Omen and Damien are even MORE series... And this made me realize how repetitious guitar companies are...
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Aug 18, 2009,