I am looking to upgrade my amp and have encountered upon an amp battle a vox vt50 vs a line 6 flextone iii (single speaker version) i play green day mainly also punk in general and some old school acdc stuff so crunch and beautiful gain is vital what do u guys say?

thanks in advance
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Most people bash Line6, but it's mainly because of their Spider line. The Flextones are actually really good....

I'm guessing you found one used, because the flextone is WAY more expensive than the vt50....Also much better IMO.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
Most people bash Line6, but it's mainly because of their Spider line. The Flextones are actually really good....

I'm guessing you found one used, because the flextone is WAY more expensive than the vt50....Also much better IMO.

no surprisingly in england flextones only cost 462 bucks the cheapest i found was 289 $ NEW so bargains in europe.
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
no surprisingly in england flextones only cost 462 bucks the cheapest i found was 289 $ NEW so bargains in europe.

that sounds like a great buy then....

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
damn europeans... jk i'd go for the flextone
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i reccommend the vox. i do bash line 6 over their spiders, and i figure if youll produce a junk modeling amp and have a spider 1, 2, 3, and soon to be a 4, then quality control must not be high.
the vox is probably best, but id check craigslist for a used amp first =]
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
i reccommend the vox. i do bash line 6 over their spiders, and i figure if youll produce a junk modeling amp and have a spider 1, 2, 3, and soon to be a 4, then quality control must not be high.

you gotta play the flextones and vettas. as soon as you do that, you'll probably change your mind about them.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I love the VT for low gain stuff but once you get up to hard rock it starts losing its charm. Never tried a Flextone but I've heard good things so you may want to check it out.
Quote by paintballcrazy7

That's like saying "Never buy a Marshall because the MG sucks" or "Never buy a Fender because the Frontman sucks".

In all honesty the Spider series aren't that bad - they are just overpriced. You need to get out and play a Flextone and you're opinion of Line 6 will be completely changed.

TS: I'd say go for the Flextone. The Flextone and Vetta pretty much blow all the other modeling amps out of the water.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
That's like saying "Never buy a Marshall because the MG sucks" or "Never buy a Fender because the Frontman sucks".

In all honesty the Spider series aren't that bad - they are just overpriced. You need to get out and play a Flextone and you're opinion of Line 6 will be completely changed.

TS: I'd say go for the Flextone. The Flextone and Vetta pretty much blow all the other modeling amps out of the water.

You can buy a Spider III for $80...that's cheap enough considering the decent quality it comes in, plus it's a practice amp, and it comes with a built in variety of sounds. (Modelling amp, duh), what's not to like at a beginner stage? Keyword, beginner stage. Other Spider's are really overpriced though.

Flextone all the way.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by randomhero93
damn europeans... jk i'd go for the flextone

Translated to dollars actually, the price of that Flextone is WAY overpriced. 1 euro is worth 2.2 dollars. You do the math. Just because the number is cheaper doesn't mean the actual worldwide value (or in this case the intercontinental comparison of two countries) is of the same amount. The €289 deal is actually pretty good though.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Flextone. Hands down.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??