So I have an Ibanez GAX70 right now, I think it plays decently and the tone is decent. Only problem is, the neck pickup doesn't always work. Also cause I've been playing for 6 years and still only have 1 electric.

I'm looking for an upgrade and the Ibanez ART100 caught my eye. But since it's technically from the same line and is only about $100 more, I don't know if it would be much of an upgrade. What do you guys think? Any other ideas? Price range: $400
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Don't they have active pickups?

They're low-noise active pickups, and your Mesa is an all-tube amp, so it should work out well.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']They're low-noise active pickups, and your Mesa is an all-tube amp, so it should work out well.
I don't know much about actives, but I made a thread about them the other day, and the general conclusion I got from it was, don't get them. I also hate how the ART 300 looks with the alligator skin finish.

^^What esp or jackson modells are you talking about?
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
I don't know much about actives, but I made a thread about them the other day, and the general conclusion I got from it was, don't get them. I also hate how the ART 300 looks with the alligator skin finish.

^^What esp or jackson modells are you talking about?

EMGs are the ones to stay away from, as they have no versatility. I actually considered buying this guitar at one time, so I tried it out extensively, and it was an incredibly solid guitar.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Aug 18, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']EMGs are the ones to stay away from, as they have no versatility. I actually considered buying this guitar at one time, so I tried it out extensively, and it was an incredibly solid guitar.
So did you buy it?

Also do you know if theres any difference between the ART100 and the ART2EX1...other than aesthetics?
I hate my sig
Well if you wanted flexibility, I'd say the EC-1000 in amber sunburst because it has Seymour Duncan pickups.

If you want Br00t4Lz metal tonez, get any other EC-1000. Lol.

Schecter Hellraiser models are actually quite flexible, sporting (I don't remember off the top of my head) EMG 81/89TW that you can coil tap.
Quote by QuantumMechanix
So did you buy it?

Also do you know if theres any difference between the ART100 and the ART2EX1...other than aesthetics?

No ,I snagged an old Prestige RG for $600 I would have, though. And I just might in the future.

Also, the only ESP/Jackson models you'll find at that price range are really cheap and unreliable.

If you live in the US, try Rondo Music, specifically their "Agile" brand. VERY good quality for very low prices.

As far as the ART2EX1 goes, it appears to be the same guitar, just in a prettier finish.

Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Well if you wanted flexibility, I'd say the EC-1000 in amber sunburst because it has Seymour Duncan pickups.

If you want Br00t4Lz metal tonez, get any other EC-1000. Lol.

Schecter Hellraiser models are actually quite flexible, sporting (I don't remember off the top of my head) EMG 81/89TW that you can coil tap.

For $400, there's no way he can afford any of those.
Quote by QuantumMechanix
K... sorry to bump, but, Ibanez ART100 or Epiphone Les Paul Studio?

yeah, go ahead and ignore my entire post
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']yeah, go ahead and ignore my entire post
No I read and pondered about your post the entire 2 hours since my last post. I just didn't actually respond. lol.
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
No I read and pondered about your post the entire 2 hours since my last post. I just didn't actually respond. lol.

ah, right then.