So i got this pack with the Laguna LE122 and Line 6 Spider III two years Christmas's ago. I'm getting a lot better and I feel like I need better gear. I'm 13. I don't really have a budget, I mow lawns, dogsit, and babysit. I will probably sell the pack for about $200 on Craigslist.
I originally thought of getting a better Laguna cause by price range was about $400 (with amp). I changed it to $600 for a guitar and amp. I then thought about the ESP MH-53. I picked this guitar because of the Floyd Rose. Then, I thought about spending another $100 for a little bit better guitar. I then decided on the Ibanez RG350EX. (This is my final answer, I'm not gonna expand my budget anymore.)
Is this a good guitar? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG350EX-Electric-Guitar-518909-i1397686.gc I played it, and I liked the feel. But is the tremolo good? I whammy A LOT and I need a good tremolo. I have heard mixed feelings about the Edge III and would like to know what you guys think.
Finally, for the amp, would you recommend Spider III 15 or 30 Watt or Peavey Vyper 15 or 30 Watt?
Thanks in advance!
nothing wrong with the trem if you maintain it and setup it up properly....the line6 spider 3 is crap though and you can do alot better....
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
nothing wrong with the trem if uo maintain it and setup it up properly....the line6 spider 3 is crap though and you can do alot better....

That's what it sounds like. The people who say its terrible probably treat it like crap. Will Guitar Center help me on that kind of stuff? And I really like the Spider III. Then I tried the Vypyr. I like it a lot more. I will prob get the Ibanez and the Vypyr 30 Watt
I'd recommend something NOT ibanez in that range, basically everything they make in that range is mediocre.

Vypyr 30 will do you good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'd recommend something NOT ibanez in that range, basically everything they make in that range is mediocre.

Vypyr 30 will do you good.

Rondo Music. TS, check out Rondo's "Agile" brand. It's really good. Best quality for that price.
Quote by oneblackened

Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by King of King V

If I were to get an Ibanez, I'd at least get the S470 or an RG1570.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Rondo Music. TS, check out Rondo's "Agile" brand. It's really good. Best quality for that price.

+1 on this, great for the price. Also check out some Michael Kelly Guitars. They are fantastic quality for the price.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
the vyper is good, as for agile the floyds are fantastic, ive never had problems with mine. Honestly Agiles are great guitairs for the price. Personally, however, id save up a little while longer and get a good agile though, one of the ghosts with a floyd would be sick for you.
~Defiant~
Quote by Lagunaguitar
So i got this pack with the Laguna LE122 and Line 6 Spider III two years Christmas's ago. I'm getting a lot better and I feel like I need better gear. I'm 13. I don't really have a budget, I mow lawns, dogsit, and babysit. I will probably sell the pack for about $200 on Craigslist.
I originally thought of getting a better Laguna cause by price range was about $400 (with amp). I changed it to $600 for a guitar and amp. I then thought about the ESP MH-53. I picked this guitar because of the Floyd Rose. Then, I thought about spending another $100 for a little bit better guitar. I then decided on the Ibanez RG350EX. (This is my final answer, I'm not gonna expand my budget anymore.)
Is this a good guitar? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG350EX-Electric-Guitar-518909-i1397686.gc I played it, and I liked the feel. But is the tremolo good? I whammy A LOT and I need a good tremolo. I have heard mixed feelings about the Edge III and would like to know what you guys think.
Finally, for the amp, would you recommend Spider III 15 or 30 Watt or Peavey Vyper 15 or 30 Watt?
Thanks in advance!

i would suggest a line6 spider3 anytime because they are the best and cheapest amp for anyone. And who ever say it,s crap are probably some child with no and i said no knowledge on electronics digital modelling amps. Or like saying that jimi hendrix is no longer the god of electric guitar and has been replace by eric crapton....NO WAY. What you get for the price of a stompbox is a bundle of fun and versatility to improve your playing and have enough money left to take your girlfriend in a nice restaurant and get laid....maybe. have fun.
Quote by slackadjuster
i would suggest a line6 spider3 anytime because they are the best and cheapest amp for anyone. And who ever say it,s crap are probably some child with no and i said no knowledge on electronics digital modelling amps. Or like saying that jimi hendrix is no longer the god of electric guitar and has been replace by eric crapton....NO WAY. What you get for the price of a stompbox is a bundle of fun and versatility to improve your playing and have enough money left to take your girlfriend in a nice restaurant and get laid....maybe. have fun.

Or you can spend $50 more and get over triple the value... and an amp that sounds good...
Quote by Chevelle19V
Or you can spend $50 more and get over triple the value... and an amp that sounds good...

Us December 08'ers are justy fountains of knowledge, eh?
Quote by slackadjuster

You entertain me. Because that's so incorrect, and you basically did this:
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Us December 08'ers are justy fountains of knowledge, eh?

That we are my friend
If you like the Vypyr more, then take it. I would take a Vypyr 30 over a Spider III 30 but I would take a Spider III 75 over a Vypyr 30 or Vypyr 75
Why in the world would you want a Spider over a Vypyr?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
The Ibanez and the Vypyr will do you fine. I'd go with those.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
prove me wrong then....marshall,peavey,crate ,etc ,own them all with all boss,and digitech effects and sold them all cuz i spend more money on tubes and tech maintenance than enjoying my gear.Vyper.....wow ,how cheap are you. Bet that you can't even afford it and still make suggestion that it's better than the spider series that you never be able to own yourself. Plz give me a break...O yeah you read magazines and that makes you an expert. Show me what you got and then you could make comments of your knowledge. Meanwhile go play with your dog tail and ctrl,alt,delete, yourself... Long live to the spiders.I have money and i own a spider, voila. the slackadjuster