http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northamptonshire/8206816.stm

This is inexplicable. This is not a business that is worried about money, it is a council that has wronged its constituents and is fighting to avoid paying them the money.

Speaking after the meeting, Mr Mallender said the cost of appealing would run into six figures, but he said it would be worth it as the council could recover some costs if it won.

He said: "It's a two-way situation. By paying these legal costs, we might recover the monies already spent and we might end up far better off."

YOU'RE A COUNCIL. It is TAXPAYERS' money. You are spending OUR money to rob these people of the compensation they deserve.

EDIT: customer.first@corby.gov.uk

That's the e-mail. Feel free to send them e-mails criticising their conduct.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by joshua122593
Bloody hell.

Who cares?

Oh piss off. This is the UK's Love Canal scandal, and that rocked america. A fuckton of people care, you tard.
Quote by Stormx
Oh piss off. This is the UK's Love Canal scandal, and that rocked america. A fuckton of people care, you tard.

I just read the article.

I care.
wankbuckets
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
If you can't be arsed to write your own e-mail:

"How can the council attempt to justify spending council tax-payers' money to try and appeal against the decision of the court? It would understandable if you were a business; it is expected that they put profit over the welfare of people. A council, however, exists to serve its constituents. It is highly inappropriate for you to attempt to recoup money from these people who the court has ruled have had serious damage done to them by your negligence.

Mr Chris Mallender forgets that his duty as a councillor is not to make sure the council is rich. If the council really wishes to appeal against the decision they can fund it from their own pockets and not use money that is not rightfully theirs to rob these people."

Copy and paste that.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
the children should sue their mums for getting into contact with the toxic stuff
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Meths
If you can't be arsed to write your own e-mail:

"How can the council attempt to justify spending council tax-payers' money to try and appeal against the decision of the court? It would understandable if you were a business; it is expected that they put profit over the welfare of people. A council, however, exists to serve its constituents. It is highly inappropriate for you to attempt to recoup money from these people who the court has ruled have had serious damage done to them by your negligence.

Mr Chris Mallender forgets that his duty as a councillor is not to make sure the council is rich. If the council really wishes to appeal against the decision they can fund it from their own pockets and not use money that is not rightfully theirs to rob these people."

Copy and paste that.

Imagine, if you will, that the council isn't guilty. If you were a councillor, would you just shut up and put up? If the council truly believes they're innocent, they'll fight. Remember that if they pay out to the plaintiffs, they lose a lot of money and that means constituents council tax bills will be higher, etc. The councelers pay won't increase - taxes will.

Honestly I don't think monetary greed CAN be a motive here. It's either pride or justice.
Quote by Stormx
Imagine, if you will, that the council isn't guilty. If you were a councillor, would you just shut up and put up? If the council truly believes they're innocent, they'll fight. Remember that if they pay out to the plaintiffs, they lose a lot of money and that means constituents council tax bills will be higher, etc. The councelers pay won't increase - taxes will.

Honestly I don't think monetary greed CAN be a motive here. It's either pride or justice.

Yeah, if I was a councillor I would accept the judge's decision. It's how the legal system works.
If I was a councillor I wouldn't just assume that the council was innocent either.

Oscar Wilde
E-mail sent Meths.
Occurrences like these are the most basic reason governments exist. When government puts it's own self-interest above it's populations we are entitled to become angry.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
E-mail sent Meths.
Occurrences like these are the most basic reason governments exist. When government puts it's own self-interest above it's populations we are entitled to become angry.

Oscar Wilde