So I got to see a bunch bands play at a little gathering we have once or twice a year here in Little Rock, AR known as EDGEFEST.

The lineup was Suicide Silence, Static X, Black Label Society, Mudvayne, and Korn.

Mostly nu-metal bands, which while I dont like the term used to define the genre, I happen to enjoy.

So, im not a big BLS listener, never have been. I've always noticed that ALOT of people here on UG look up to him and get down on thier knees and praise zakk wylde and his ultimate-guitar playing skills (no pun intended)

I have to say personally after seeing this band, I couldn't disagree more.

This guy was so full of himself, they started with 2 songs back to back and then everyone left the stage except for zakk, and with all the lights pointed at him he played his guitar for like 20 minutes.

He seemed to me just like a huge egotistical showoff. a big showoff. thats it.

Sure, solos are cool - But dude I promise you - this was ridiculously unnecessary and boring. Pentatonic major scales one after the other and a pinch harmonic every 5 seconds - not to mention the lamest thing of all

He wrapped up the solo with his version of the star spangled banner..

The rest of the band, while not as "showoff" as zak, were full of the same stuff.

The other guitar player the entire time you'd see him dancing around stage, with a 16-year olds cheerleader smile on his face, lifting his fist up in the air every now and then and pointing to random fans and nodding his head, it made me think of a freakin backstreet boys concert.

I have to say, I dont really see whats the big deal. Sure zak played for ozzy all these years, big deal.

If i've offended any zakk "lovers" im not trying to, im just preparing you for this if you HAVNT seen BLS yet, and if you do end up seeing them - Keep my perspective in mind while your slobbering front row in the mosh pit holding your hands out just hoping that he might give you some "knucklage"
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
terrible, overrated guitarist. however, his signature amp delivers adequate amounts of CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.
I saw BLS live, and they absolutely owned. I know Zakk usually shows off live, but he toned this down when I saw him and it made the show 100 times better. They were supporting Ozzy so Zakk played another full set after the BLS set, which was also amazing. But that's just my opinion...
Yeah....

I don't see anyone "look up to him and get down on thier knees and praise zakk wylde and his ultimate-guitar playing skills" here.

Most people that I've seen on here don't like him, either.

Just saying, I don't know where you see people love him, unless it's in a thread based around him.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Tell me about it.

I saw BLS a few years ago, and while he was not as bad then, he was still pretty egotistical. Spitting everywhere, said basically nothing the entire concert, etc. Although the concert as a whole was pretty good.

When I started this account (5 1/2 years ago....jesus), I really liked him. Now: not so much.
I actually haven't EVER met a single BLS fan. After purchasing "The Blessed Hellride" I can ****ing understand why.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
I have "Mafia". I bought it when it was roughly new, and used to like a little off of it, now I despise it all, basically.

I just hate his style.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Yeah....

I don't see anyone "look up to him and get down on thier knees and praise zakk wylde and his ultimate-guitar playing skills" here.

Most people that I've seen on here don't like him, either.

Just saying, I don't know where you see people love him, unless it's in a thread based around him.

Not necessarily on these boards, but there are a lot of newbie-metal listeners who tongue this guy's a$$hole at every turn. I used to think his stuff with ozzy was pretty decent, but I don't listen to him much anymore. BLS has never been good, and all the band's rhetoric about "metal brotherhood" and "ultimate brewtality" is as compensatingly hypermasculinized as jamie lee curtis' grotesquely overgrown clit.
i saw him at ozzfest.
was up front, he shook the hand of the person to the right of me, shook the hand of the person to the left of me. i had my hand out, he looked me in the eyes, shook his head and stepped away and kept playing...

ASSHOLE
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Saw him and Ozzy two years ago. Good player, just boring as all hell. Never personally thought his stage persona was egotistical, but I can see why someone would say that. Guy got flashed by like 100 different chicks during his 9-hour solo.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
jamie lee curtis' grotesquely overgrown clit.

I'm much more interested in this than any of Zak Wylde's stuff. Please eleborate.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
He looks hilarious there. And that is about 30x better than any BLS song.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Yeah, I was about to bring up his acoustic work.

I'll freely admit he's a fantatic acoustic player, but he never shows that side of his playing.

Saxo-Walrus

yeah I think if he was born earlier he could've done wonders in the 60s with the acoustic stuff.

Sumdeus
Zakk Wylde was great for a reason: he took a style like Randy Rhoads, and copied it, adding a bit more speed. When forced to rely on himself, he comes up with too much simple pentatonic scales, and it gets repetitive. Plus he is like an old school biker: none of the real flash to brag about, but he thinks having the attitude makes the song. No dude, as a guitarist, the MUSIC makes the song. You can't play a ****ty riff, and then drink a beer and shout "YEA!" and make it great!

Though back in his Ozzy days, I'll admit, I sure liked him
i saw some interview where he talked about buying meth from some dude.

I'm cool off zakk wylde now.

Sumdeus