Here's the deal:

I've been playing for four years, and I play several hours a day. I'm very satisfied with my right hand for things such as string skipping, or slower riffs with more feel in them. When it comes to trem picking or just fast sequences in general, I can't find a good groove to get my picking hand in. I just want to double check and make sure I'm not practicing the wrong ways so I can fix it early. Do I hold the pick so that it strikes the string sraight on, or do I want it at an angle so that it slides over it? And should I be using all wrist, a combination of wrist/elbow, or all elbow? Any other tips are greatly appreciated guys.

Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
I've only played for a year, but I play in such a way that my wrist is twisted up at a 45 degree angle from the bridge, this makes fast playing easier for me as my wrist naturally twitches down for the downstrokes, and the upstrokes only hit one string as my wrist doesnt go up much further.
I've tried that, and it seems like it doesn't allow for a lot of speed. It could just be that I need to practice it more to bring up the speed.

Use a combination of wrist and elbow, using very small relaxed motions, and have the pick at a slight angle, to allow it to slide over the string easier.
I hate my sig
Practice.

Your problem is you're trying to bridge too big a gap - you're trying to play at a high speed before you've mastered playing at all the speeds in-between. You can't make massive leaps in guitar, you have to progress gradually by building directly on what you already know. Just concentrate on learning things that are a little bit faster than what you can already do, when you've learned them then look at things a little faster still until you get to where you want to be. If you do it that way you'll barely notice the improvent until you look back and realise how far you've come, the process itself will be damned near painless and frustration-free though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I appreciate the advice guys, thanks much