hello internet people

i never thought i'd see the day when i would open the kind of thread that i always see but seams like i live to learn

so

having trouble with theinput jack to my amp
it's an old fender frontman and i bought it second hand
before i take it off to the shop to pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed i wanted to know some opinions

when i insert the cable, it feels loose and i have to jiggle it around in order to find a 'sweet spot' where the signal comes through properly

in the hope that it was just a case of tightening a screw, i took the whole amp apart
only to find a circuit boar of some sorts where i had no idea what was going on and i'm too scared to touch anything in case i hurt my baby

help?
Hey Guy
unscrew the input and there should be a metal plate that touches on to the jack when you plug it in. bend this towards the middle a bit more and you should be fine.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Dont get it fixed, it would probably be cheaper to buy a new amp. But sounds just like the input jack is messed up, you could get an estimate.

Id still reccomend the Roland Microcube. Why not an upgrade, eh?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.