So I got my first floyd rose guitar about 3 weeks ago and wow, how do you tune it? Need detailed instructions.

Thanks.
FR Setup Guide. Use it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ohh boy. I hate FR's myself. They sound great, but set-up can be tough. For me its a crapshoot.

+1 on the set up instructions/guide. If you dont know much about FR's you need to, fast.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Um... it's a sticky at the top of this forum page....
Gear:
Ibanez RG-350MYE
Squire Affinity Strat

Peavey Vypyr 75 w/Sanperra II
unlock the nuts
then...
low e
highe
b
a
g
d
tune it like that until its in what you want. works everytime. then fine tune
Quote by Stumonkie
Will tuning my FR guitar mess with the action, intonation, or whatever?

no.....

only you can foul up the setup, work slowly and methodically 1 string at a time (1 string off / 1 string on)
yes it will mess with the action, if you tighten the strings the floyd will raise, raising the action, if you loosen the strings the floyd will drop lowering the action. Just be careful and watch your floyd, it will tell you when you are doing it wrong. I learnt everything from that sticky so just go there.
~Defiant~
Read...

the....

Forum....

Sticky....

It tells you....

Everything....

You need....

to know....
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Yes, as It's your first Floyd, You really should read it , it'll help alot. But no, it won't tell you everything , But anything it won't tell you, me and Madpickin will be happy to answer in there...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Stumonkie
Ok then. I'll take my questions over to the sticky.

Thank you, guys.

No problem.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Tune from the g string, b string, then the high e, and then the d, the a, then the low e. thats the way eric johnson/ most piano tuners tune their instruments and it stays in tune a lot longer
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09