I'm loving Drop C/D tuning right now, any suggestions for songs that would be fun to play?
Almsot all avenged sevenfold's songs are in drop D. and sound pretty awesome, and are fun to play
click the advanced button on the right of the song/band search bar and search for songs in Dropped C

/thread

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
If you're into metal, most Lamb of God songs are in drop D. Redneck is pretty fun. Godsmack's IV album is almost all in drop D too.
Pretty sure he's talking about Drop C and D Standard... not drop c and drop d.

Anyway, a lot of deathcore/some death metal is in drop c. Faceless is in drop c, good stuff.

D standard: Gorod, Necrophagist, Death, lots more I'm sure.
sixpounder and in your face by children of bodom are fun drop c songs to play, and almost all their other stuff is d standard
www.myspace.com/credittodementiaband
Quote by Issor
Pretty sure he's talking about Drop C and D Standard... not drop c and drop d.

Anyway, a lot of deathcore/some death metal is in drop c. Faceless is in drop c, good stuff.

D standard: Gorod, Necrophagist, Death, lots more I'm sure.

No I mean Drop D (DADGBE), not standard.
If you want non-metal songs that are in Drop D, play some Rage Against The Machine (Calm Like a Bomb, Killin' in the Name, Sleep Now in the Fire) and Silverchair (Israel's Son and Freak).
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
All of Children Of Bodom songs from Hatecrew and Are You Dead Yet (not really my favourites though tbh) are in drop C, and I think their newest album is probably drop C too.

Trashed Lost and Strungout is pretty fun to play, one of my favourites from AYDY
System's first 3 albums are all drop C
Bodom is always in drop C or D standard
Gojira does a lot of D standard songs
Death does some D standard (Crystal Mountain FTW)
Lots of songs by A Day To Remember. Try Fastforward to 2012.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
anything from st. anger

seriously.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by zincabopataurio
All of Children Of Bodom songs from Hatecrew and Are You Dead Yet (not really my favourites though tbh) are in drop C, and I think their newest album is probably drop C too.

Trashed Lost and Strungout is pretty fun to play, one of my favourites from AYDY

most of the songs are in d standard, only some are drop c like 'in your face' and 'sixpounder'.
www.myspace.com/credittodementiaband
If you like metallica you should learn All nightmare long. its in drop d and metallica almost never downtunes. Another good one is In your Words by Lamb Of God but it is pretty crazy. and theory wise in your words makes almost no sense but it sound ****ing awsome
Not sure if you like the bands, but Godsmack and Chevelle have some songs in those tunings. "Keep Away" by Godsmack is a really fun song to play in drop D. I believe Straight out of Line also by Godsmack might be in C, cant remember for sure though. But those are two bands I would look into. Not sure if thats the kind of music you're looking for, but just throwing it out there.
Quote by knightguy363
rain - breaking Benjamin its in drop c
its good if your into the acoustics

good suggestion. Breaking Benjamin have some fun songs to play in those tunings. I believe both Medicate and Skin are in drop D, check those out as well.
Most of cradle of filth is in D and most of In flames is C, try them
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by RDSElite
Home by Dream Theater!
Great fun to play in Drop D.

Yes, this is exactly what I would suggest. Everything about that song will quite literally force improvement in your playing unless you happen to be the sort of talented that legends are made of.
why has no one mentioned tool
all tool is in D with a few having the low E down to a B
Quote by Metal-Nigga
If you like metallica you should learn All nightmare long. its in drop d and metallica almost never downtunes. Another good one is In your Words by Lamb Of God but it is pretty crazy. and theory wise in your words makes almost no sense but it sound ****ing awsome

Load + reload are all in Eb, and St. anger is in dropped C (not that im suggesting that Ts should play that)

The thing that should not be is also in dropped D.
Drag the waters-pantera. i believe everythings tuned down 1 1/2 steps ; )
Jackie_ jackson dxmg
debby_dean cherry burst v
rhonda_dean dime razorback

boss gt-3
Quote by Meticulous
I'm loving Drop C/D tuning right now, any suggestions for songs that would be fun to play?

A lot of things... well in the metal/hardcore genres

Most bands you will find will have some sort of drop tuning
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Showtime1990
Walk - Pantera

Actually in D Standard. Most tabs on this site are incorrect in that respect.
Quote by ThrashRocker
Dethklok has a lot of songs in drop C.

C Standard.
Quote by myevilside
Load + reload are all in Eb, and St. anger is in dropped C (not that im suggesting that Ts should play that)

The thing that should not be is also in dropped D.

*sigh* Read my sig. Very few metal bands played in drop tunings in 1986, and Metallica was no exception. The song is easier to play in D standard anyway.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Sep 15, 2009,