Page 1 of 3
Hi Pit,

Since there's a lot of you here, I'm sure this would be useful. Anyway, here's the story. Last night, I tried to get into contact with my drummer to see if he remembered we have rehearsal. He's never forgotten, it's just nice to ask. No answer. I then think 'he's on Facebook- he's always on Facebook...' alas, nothing. I ask his friends, and the last ANYONE saw of him was yesterday, when he left a friend's house- no-one had seen him since.

I thought nothing of it until he didn't turn up today and no-one could get hold of him. He's been through a lot recently and this is totally unlike him, which is why we're all worried. He went missing a few days ago, but got into contact pretty much straight away. Yes, the right people are aware, but I want to get the message out there. I no longer care about losing £38 to a rehearsal booking- I just want my friend to be safe.

He was last around the Huntingdon/Cambridge area, his name's Ross and this is him on the right:

If anyone has seen him or can offer any help, that'd be well appreciated.

Thanks.

daytripper edit:

I post this a few pages into the thread, but I'm going to put it here too:

Guys, if you don't want to post something helpful/encouraging then don't post.

No need to be a complete dick when someone is making a serious thread about a (potentially) serious situation.

So here is a fair warning: Any more posts making fun of the kid or insulting him in some way will result in a warning.
I live on the other side of the Atlantic so I can't do anything to help.

I hope everything turns out alright though. Good luck.
hopefully he turns up safe.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I think he's a bit old for teen angst, guys- he's one of the most level-headed people I know, which is why it's such a shock.
I dont live round that area but i hope he turns up- he maybe just wanting to clear his head...but still i hope he turns up safe and well
Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
I bet a pedophile/rapist thought he was a girl and caught him.

But ya hope you find him. But he is a drummer, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

No really good luck. This time 100% srsly.
Lots of close to home bad things happening in the pit tonight (N)

I'm down here in the south so I wouldn't have seen him.
Hope he turns up safe.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I think he's a bit old for teen angst, guys- he's one of the most level-headed people I know, which is why it's such a shock.

it could be built up angst he bottle'd up his life.

i can't do anything over here, but i hope he turns up okay
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
I assume you've walked the route he'd take from the last place he was seen to his home. Check and see if any shops or whatever along that route have cctv of that night. They can only say no, but it might help.

hope he turns up ok.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I hope he turns up safe.

I'm sorry, I can't resist... That guy in the front looks so ****ing Awesome! with the skinny jeans on.

Better TS?
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Last edited by parigod at Aug 18, 2009,
He'll probably turn up. If he's as level headed as you say and he's been through a lot chances are he's ducked off the radar so to speak to have some time to himself
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by parigod
I hope he turns up safe.

I'm sorry, I can't resist... That guy in the front looks so insanely gay with the skinny jeans on.

That's me- go make a socially awkward penguin about how you must feel right now.

I can't understand why he'd do this, knowing it'd leave me and the bassist to foot the bill for the rehearsal and me to go and have the meeting with the producer by myself, etc.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by parigod
I hope he turns up safe.

I'm sorry, I can't resist... That guy in the front looks so insanely gay with the skinny jeans on.

that guy in front is threadstarter i think dude
He's in my basement.

I am holding him ransom for 100 billion dollars.

On the serious side I hope he turns up. Does he use drugs/drink heaps?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Aidy Damage
Hi Pit,

Since there's a lot of you here, I'm sure this would be useful. Anyway, here's the story. Last night, I tried to get into contact with my drummer to see if he remembered we have rehearsal. He's never forgotten, it's just nice to ask. No answer. I then think 'he's on Facebook- he's always on Facebook...' alas, nothing. I ask his friends, and the last ANYONE saw of him was yesterday, when he left a friend's house- no-one had seen him since.

I thought nothing of it until he didn't turn up today and no-one could get hold of him. He's been through a lot recently and this is totally unlike him, which is why we're all worried. He went missing a few days ago, but got into contact pretty much straight away. Yes, the right people are aware, but I want to get the message out there. I no longer care about losing £38 to a rehearsal booking- I just want my friend to be safe.

He was last around the Huntingdon/Cambridge area, his name's Ross and this is him on the right:

If anyone has seen him or can offer any help, that'd be well appreciated.

Thanks.

Majority of UG are a bunch of 16 year old kids. Do you actually think they care or have the time to find your emo looking friend?

If you think they they do then you're one stupid man.

EDIT: I can't stop laughing at the guy on the rights face.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by herman ri2
Majority of UG are a bunch of 16 year old kids. Do you actually think they care or have the time to find your emo looking friend?

seriously. get the fuck out.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Hope everything turns out alright man
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
I'm sure he'll turn up. Being a drummer he probably got lost a block away from his house, or his bangs fell in front of his eyes and he's convinced that he has gone blind.

Good luck finding your friend.
Quote by herman ri2

They all look like total pricks. OH GOD PHOTOSHOOTS ARE SO DEPRESSING, MAN.
Quote by herman ri2

absolutely no need for that. hope he shows up okay
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
If you know what way he went last night follow that route and check verges and deviations. If he doesn't show up in the next few days check local hospitals, he may have banged his head and be unconscious.
It's more than likely nothing serious. Worst likely scenario is that he's injured himself or is suffering from some kind of mental issue that stops him from getting to ye.

The people judging him on a haircut are ****ing idiots of the highest order.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by herman ri2

less of it.

I have no problem banning insensitive prats even if this isn't my forum to mod
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
And you thought posting it on UG along with one of your band's promo shots would be the best way to go about finding him?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Judging from that picture, it's probably a good thing he's gone missing.

EDIT: But in all seriousness, I'm sure he'll turn up man.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by skater dan0
less of it.

the only reason I haven't already done it is because it'd be a perma and I don't want to hand out a perma ban on the forum for something that isn't spam attack/multi related.

And you thought posting it on UG along with one of your band's promo shots would be the best way to go about finding him?

there are currently about 600 people in the pit. it took him all of 5 minutes I'd bet and it can't exactly hurt appealing to fellow musicians.

Quote by element4433
I hope he turns up safe Aidy. Sadly I'm on the other side of the country, but I'll still keep an eye out.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by skater dan0
less of it.

I'm just pointing what is about to happen. People on UG are divide with people who care and people who don't. If you look at some of the posts already it is 50/50 with people saying he is in their basement and people saying they hope he shows up. Don't put me on full bast when all I'm doing is pointing out the harsh truth of the results he is going to get on UG.

Good day.

EDIT: Me making fun of the guy was stupid of me but in reality, I deeply hope he returns safely.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by herman ri2
I'm just pointing what is about to happen. People on UG are divide with people who care and people who don't. If you look at some of the posts already it is 50/50 with people saying he is in their basement and people saying they hope he shows up. Don't put me on full bast when all I'm doing is pointing out the harsh truth of the results he is going to get on UG.

Good day.

there are appropriate ways of joking about it.

your approach was just 'lol who cares haha look at his face'. That's not appropriate even if this were a stupid idea.

Quote by element4433
I'll tell you if he randomly shows up in Macon, Georgia... Hope you find him/he finds you...

Oh, and just out of curiosity, who are "the right people"?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
I'll tell you if he randomly shows up in Macon, Georgia... Hope you find him/he finds you...

Oh, and just out of curiosity, who are "the right people"?

I'd assume the police and the family.

it's to stop people going 'get off here and ring the police'.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence

your approach was just 'lol who cares haha look at his face'. That's not appropriate even if this were a stupid idea.

Oh come on Lemon, that's a standard pit response. I'm surprised the first post wasn't "Rape".
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Have you tried calling your local news agency to see if they'll put the photo on the air so people might look for him?
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by Lemoninfluence

I apologize for that. I was being immature and ignorant to his problem by making a tasteless joke. Once again, I apologize on my behalf.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'd assume the police and the family.

it's to stop people going 'get off here and ring the police'.

That's what I was thinking, But maybe he should try calling some local bars or something...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by herman ri2

Good day.

EDIT: Me making fun of the guy was stupid of me but in reality, I deeply hope he returns safely.

The fact is it wasn't necessary. And my post applies to everyone.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
TS, If I were you, your best bet would be a search party of friends and family to find him.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
there are currently about 600 people in the pit. it took him all of 5 minutes I'd bet and it can't exactly hurt appealing to fellow musicians.

Fair enough, but if my mate had been missing for barely 24 hours I wouldn't be on UG wasting my time making a thread about it.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by herman ri2
TS, If I were you, your best bet would be a search party of friends and family to find him.

And search the whole city/town?

Nah, he'll turn up.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Page 1 of 3