Page 1 of 2
Hello friends,

My second wife has made me come to a decision, should I get the electric guitar of a Fender-quality guitar made brand or should I get an electronics keyboards that are made of Toshiba-quality parts. Shes says that the keyboards are the better pick because the keyboard can play up to three different sounds including piano, oragans, and the electric guitars. Will the Keyboards be able to play both the Electric Guitars and the keyboards? If so should I choose this option?

It sounds like the electric guitars can only play the guitar sound, can I get the electric guitars to make the oragan/piano sound?

Money is not a problem. Since moving here I am making in the $200,000-$300,000 range and thus I have the ability to spend up to $5,524 on keyboards or guitars. I want to get the very best, how do I do this?

And is it true that bass is only for the untalented guitar players? I told my son I would buy my son a bass made of Fender-quality parts and he told me by me that he would only play bass if he fails his guitar course in high school.

Thank you!

By my messsage,

Phillip McGraaw
Hello, my name is Phillip McGraaw

I have PhD in Women's Studies/Immigration trends from University of Texas at Austin.

I am an Indian who immigrated to America 7 years ago. I like Warehouse 13, Twitter, Guitar, etc.
Quote by Phillip McGraaw

It sounds like the electric guitars can only play the guitar sound, can I get the electric guitars to make the oragan/piano sound?

Wow, are you serious?
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Fender Strat
Vetta II
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Thats like asking "Should I buy the car or the boat?". Completely different instruments that can't really be compared like this. How long have you been playing guitar for? I wouldn't go around spending thousands on an instrument that I haven't gotten good at...ever.

And no, Bass isn't for untalented people.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Get a guitar with a synth pickup on it. A synth will never sound like a guitar, ever. A guitar can control a synth just fine though.

Guitar + hex pickup ftw.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Phillip McGraaw
Hello friends,

My second wife has made me come to a decision, should I get the electric guitar of a Fender-quality guitar made brand or should I get an electronics keyboards that are made of Toshiba-quality parts. Shes says that the keyboards are the better pick because the keyboard can play up to three different sounds including piano, oragans, and the electric guitars. Will the Keyboards be able to play both the Electric Guitars and the keyboards? If so should I choose this option?

Money is not a problem. Since moving here I am making in the $200,000-$300,000 range and thus I have the ability to spend up to $5,524 on keyboards or guitars. I want to get the very best, how do I do this?

And is it true that bass is only for the untalented guitar players? I told my son I would buy my son a bass made of Fender-quality parts and he told me by me that he would only play bass if he fails his guitar course in high school.

Thank you!

By my messsage,

Phillip McGraaw

You're going to have to be more precise with details of your living conditions, an address will do fine
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Phillip McGraaw
I have the ability to spend up to $5,524 on keyboards or guitars.

That's a shame; if only you could afford just one dollar more you could get both.
The electric guitar setting on keyboards is crap. Get the guitar, plus a MIDI pickup, plus a MIDI synth, plus an amp, and you can play whatever you want and have it sound pretty good.
What Alex Vik said. Since you have so much money you can afford it. But with that much, you could also get a decent guitar with decent amp and a decent keyboard, especially if you go used.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
You guys need to be nicer. This isn't The Pit.

Electronic keyboards have a wider range of sounds, but you can't really get one to sound like a realistic guitar. Guitar synths aren't really a good option because they don't have the same range as a piano. If you want to play piano, organ, or synthesizers, get a keyboard. If you would rather play guitar, get a guitar. It's as simple as that.

Music written for bass is generally relatively simple, so the learning curve for playing bass isn't as steep. However, any instrument is as difficult as you make it. Some bass music is more difficult than some guitar music.
i recommend guitar hero because why spend time and money trying to learn guitar when you can instantly be able to play your favorite songs on guitar hero?
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by dNWaKE
i recommend guitar hero because why spend time and money trying to learn guitar when you can instantly be able to play your favorite songs on guitar hero?

a big plus one for you
I have PhD in Women's Studies/Immigration trends from Texas Online Community College.

why is anyone taking this thread seriously?!
Quote by werty22
You guys need to be nicer. This isn't The Pit.

but a obvious troll is obvious and doesnt deserve forgiveness!!!.

200,000-300,000$ a year and he is asking this question?

yeaand guitars make sandwiches for you and give great......massages
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by williamdllr
yeaand guitars make sandwiches for you and give great......massages

that's saxist!
Quote by ascend
that's saxist!

Oh shatner! You've gone and given me a tromboner.

amidoinitrite?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Hello friends,

I decide to get electric guitars with this hex MDID pickup. This option seems to make electric guitars play organs and piano sound that my wife and I would like to play from my playing of the instrument. I may let my son play electric guitars when he finish chores.

Thank you kind people, by my message.

I am thinking a brand-new guitar made of Fender-quality parts. I like this guitar: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-1957-Les-Paul-Goldtop-VOS-Electric-Guitar?sku=517978 it is a Fender's Gibson quality guitar made of Fender quality parts. Though I never play guitar before I think a $3650 guitar will sound good, wife will like.

For amp I would like this: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Vintage-Reissue-59-Bassman-LTD?sku=480726

Fender-quality Bassman amp is the one that Led Zeppelin used on his first album I would like this amp and my wife agrees.

Thank you all for the help. I will soon be better than most of you.

Thanks,

By my message,

Phillip McGraaw
Hello, my name is Phillip McGraaw

I have PhD in Women's Studies/Immigration trends from University of Texas at Austin.

I am an Indian who immigrated to America 7 years ago. I like Warehouse 13, Twitter, Guitar, etc.
How can you get that much money from a PhD in an irrelevant subject from an online college?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Phillip McGraaw
Hello friends,

I decide to get electric guitars with this hex MDID pickup. This option seems to make electric guitars play organs and piano sound that my wife and I would like to play from my playing of the instrument. I may let my son play electric guitars when he finish chores.

Thank you kind people, by my message.

I am thinking a brand-new guitar made of Fender-quality parts. I like this guitar: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-1957-Les-Paul-Goldtop-VOS-Electric-Guitar?sku=517978 it is a Fender's Gibson quality guitar made of Fender quality parts. Though I never play guitar before I think a $3650 guitar will sound good, wife will like.

For amp I would like this: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Vintage-Reissue-59-Bassman-LTD?sku=480726

Fender-quality Bassman amp is the one that Led Zeppelin used on his first album I would like this amp and my wife agrees.

Thank you all for the help. I will soon be better than most of you.

Thanks,

By my message,

Phillip McGraaw

that has nothing to do with fender. fender is a brand, not a degree of quality. And if you've never played before why do you want to spend a shitload of money on it? Just get you a cheaper one to learn on and if you end up sticking to it buy a better guitar.
buy the toshiba keyboards!!! my dad works for toshiba and it'll totally help him get a better bonus... in fact buy the most expensive toshiba keyboard so i can have some better christmas presents!!

That Gibson guitar is a fine guitar, but has absolutely nothing to do with Fender. And that amp you're looking at is a bass amp. If your son fails his course get him that... but for your guitar, you're going to want more of a guitar amp.

Though an old band mate of mine used to put his guitar through a bass amp and got some real interesting tones....
Quote by theGlitch
buy the toshiba keyboards!!! my dad works for toshiba and it'll totally help him get a better bonus... in fact buy the most expensive toshiba keyboard so i can have some better christmas presents!!

That Gibson guitar is a fine guitar, but has absolutely nothing to do with Fender. And that amp you're looking at is a bass amp. If your son fails his course get him that... but for your guitar, you're going to want more of a guitar amp.

Though an old band mate of mine used to put his guitar through a bass amp and got some real interesting tones....

Actually the Fender Bassman is quite popular with guitarists.
jesus christ this guy is joking! or if this is real he is hte most retarded arrogent **** ever

TROLL
Are you just like that Arab guywith the bad translater? Also, your wife doesn't decide your crap.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Successful troll is successful.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
If he's a troll, he's an unfocused troll. To me it just seems like he doesn't know much about guitars. And maybe English isn't his first language.
Who cares if it's a troll, if we just answer then they get bored. If we fight over 'OMFG IT'S A TROLL' then drama starts.

There's a number of bass amps that are popular with guitarists as well, especially for cleans.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Pencil Man
Are you just like that Arab guywith the bad translater? Also, your wife doesn't decide your crap.

I loved his posts they made no sense.
oh, and troll: your whipped.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Man ,get an electric guitar, htey are awesome!!! The guitar sounds on keyboards sound terrible. Also, basses are awesome!!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

RHCP

LED ZEP

HENDRIX

Hail SYD BARRETT
I think the drums would suit you better.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Page 1 of 2