Ok so... I've been really bored with my current guitars, a Fender Strat and an Ibanez JS1000. The problem is I got a new guitar a little too soon after picking up guitar and wasn't really sure what I'd need for the music I play.

I play everything from [Punk, to [Post-Hardcore/Screamo: Silverstein, Alesana, A Skylit Drive, Underoath[Metal: Trivium, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage [Metalcore: The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, Bring Me The Horizon [Deathcore/Deathmetal whatever you call it: Job For A Cowboy, Born Of Osiris, [not sure of genre but: Protest The Hero, Between The Buried and Me.
I would like some versatility. I primarily play Post-Hardcore, Metalcore, and Deathcore so anything that does well with those genres would be best.

Now I prefer a fixed bridge because I really can't stand all the time that's put into a Floyd Rose and I just dont use the trem enough to actually want one.
Neck size doesnt matter although I use to prefer thin necks. I've been looking into active pickups like the EMG 81/85 combo or 89 doesnt matter. I've also been looking at Seymour Duncan Blackouts, but I lean more toward the EMG's. Budget is at 1000$ I guess but just somewhere around 1000.

Thanks,
Nick
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Fender Strat
Vetta II
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Last edited by Nicko430 at Aug 19, 2009,
Budget?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
ECLIPSE-II VB for about $1,500 or, of you are on a budget, try the EC-401FM for about $720. Both are from ESP, and if you don't like that body style, but like the setup of the guitars, check out thier other models here
Oh yeah sorry, I thought I was missing something
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Fender Strat
Vetta II
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESP LTD EC1000 is what im most likely getting, sounds like it would suit u, ive seen nothing but good reviews for it