Ok , I have a Fender Starcaster and my tuning knobs broke or thats what I think at least . Anyways , I'm looking to buy replacements and I only found these 2:

1 - http://www.darrenriley.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=204

2- http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Schaller-American-Guitar-Machines/dp/B001L8MDKK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1250641191&sr=8-2

So since I'm kind of a guitar noob I would like too know which one of those two is better
or if they at least work for my guitar .

Hope you can help me . Thanks!
Quote by divinorum69
If you want cheap machine heads go to

www.guitarfetish.com
they are quite decent, and good for their price.

Someone with more knowledge than me should take this question

sorry for asking but whats a machine head? xD
You'd have to drill for the schallers.
Why dont you just get a set of MIM tuners?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
You'd have to drill for the schallers.
Why dont you just get a set of MIM tuners?

what are schallers and what are MIM tuners sorry I'm kinda new so I dont have alot of knowledge just tell me which ones to get or something because you guys are the experts . My dads the one whos gonna put them on.
Quote by JavierFabre
what are schallers and what are MIM tuners sorry I'm kinda new so I dont have alot of knowledge just tell me which ones to get or something because you guys are the experts . My dads the one whos gonna put them on.

Wait, I misread the OP.
Get these http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Schaller-American-Guitar-Machines/dp/B001L8MDKK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1250641191&sr=8-2
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
They should fit without a problem.
If anything you may have to enlargen the peg hole (the hole on the headstock that holds the tunnig pegs)
Quote by letsgocoyote
maybe you should better go to your local guitar shop, so you can see them in person and ask if the fit in your starcaster
Quote by Little_Buster
They should fit without a problem.
If anything you may have to enlargen the peg hole (the hole on the headstock that holds the tunnig pegs)

alright thanks alot!!
Now to find out what to do until the get here next week...
Quote by blackborrego
maybe you should better go to your local guitar shop, so you can see them in person and ask if the fit in your starcaster

there are no guitar shops where I live not even close to where I live .
Quote by blackborrego

They should fit.
There the same size as MIM tuners, and I put a set of them in a starcaster awhile back.
Quote by letsgocoyote