i realized with my recordings the orchestra doesnt blend with my guitar tone. they sound like they are off different albums almost. any halp?
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Quote by Tig Bitties
i realized with my recordings the orchestra doesnt blend with my guitar tone. they sound like they are off different albums almost. any halp?

wht kind of orchestra software are you using?
ive been using reason.
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
ive heard alot about reason but i dont use it myself. could you post a sample? im not really an audio expert but maybe i can help a bit.
ok. just the orchestra or guitar and orchestra? and i heard one technique is too run the orchestra through impulses to make it blend better with guitar
I would say try playing around with the EQ, the old saying "what sounds good on its own may not sound good in a mix" comes to mind. Perhaps add a bit more treble (50Hz or so) to the orchestra if thats what youre aiming for, or vice versa.
Quote by Twyman88
I would say try playing around with the EQ, the old saying "what sounds good on its own may not sound good in a mix" comes to mind. Perhaps add a bit more treble (50Hz or so) to the orchestra if thats what youre aiming for, or vice versa.

50Hz is not a treble frequency. It's an extremely low bass frequency. And rather than boosting treble on the orchestral instruments, try shaping the guitar first. And keep in mind that if you truly intend to blend the guitar in with an orchestral arrangement, the guitar can't dominate the mix. Keep things in perspective and realize that the guitar is simply one instrument among many.

Also, your arrangement may have a lot to do with it. I don't know for sure, because I haven't heard it, but a smart arrangement and smart orchestration will help out a mix tremendously before you even have to think about using EQ and other FX.

The orchestral sounds in Reason are not bad at all. Especially the strings. If you're clever, you can get them to sound pretty good. I used to use Reason's Orkester sounds a lot.

I can try to help you. I'll do what I can.
ok thank you. Im actually writing a song right now so when i record ill send it to you if you want
Works for me. I have Reason, so you can send me the Reason file and just the other raw recorded tracks of everything else if that's easier.