I'll just be honest here. That's distinctly lacking in funk.

Track 1, rhythmically speaking has the right idea, but I really didn't care for the way you ended each bar off.

The bass is alright, but at the same time time, I kinda thought that the root wasn't quite obvious enough. I also thought that the 4th and 8th bar were a little too on the beat. Also with any kind of funk stuff I find it really helpful to have 2 bass tracks. One with slap bass, and one with standard bass. That way you'll get all the bottom end, but you'll also get the extra note definition from the slap.

Track 4 is just bad. It's causing a lot of clutter, and it's really got no feel or groove to it.

Drums don't work at all. You need a real solid beat on this kind of thing. Start off simple, a real straight thing with the kick on 1 and snare on 3. Then add a few extra snare shots on the upbeat.

For inspiration I'd look to RHCP's Blood Sugar Sex Magik album. Technically not funk, but it's damn funky. I got a huge amount of inspiration for my Troubled Tale song from that album, as well as a new song I'm working on (there's a fragment of it posted in the last page or two).

The big thing with funk though is you've really got to be able to feel the groove. If you can't move to it, it's just not funky.
I think I improved it this time
Update. :]. icronic you seem to know what your talking about. Could you keep checking to see if I am doing this right haha.
Much MUCH better.

Although, I suggest you get rid of that snare shot on the first beat

Now you just need to figure out a good bass line. Keep "clutter" in mind though, the more you've got the guitar doing, the less the bass needs to be doing, or if you want the bass to be doing a lot, then tone the guitars back a tiny bit.

Also, Dom9 and Minor9 chords are your friends as well as the Hendrix chord (Dom7#4). You'll also see a lot of half step kind of chord stuff. So if you're playing a E9, you might want to start on the Eb9 and slide in, or you mind want to end a bar on the E#9 or whatever. Just kind of experiment with it.

For more inspiration:

If you want true funk, you want James Brown. That's about as pure as you can get.

Stuff I'd recommend though

Robert Randolph and the Family Band
This guy is one of my favorites right now. Incredible incredible bass player, very funky stuff.

Average White Band
I'm sure you've heard the song Pick Up The Pieces in a million movies and TV shows, Cut The Cake, and Work To Do are also good songs to listen to.

Primus
Not Technically funk, but Les Claypool is the king of Slap Bass.

Wide Mouth Mason:
Kind of a Pop/Rock/Blues/Funk group, but most of the song from the album Stew are pretty funky

Doobie Brothers
Anything from the Michael McDonald years was quite R&B (that's real R&B and not that pop stuff they're passing off as R&B today) Taking it to the Streets is a pretty good example. Stuff like Long Train Running, while not funk has funk appropriate guitar playing.

Funk #49 by the James Gang is also required listening.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I've covered a huge range there.
Thanks man very very very Helpful ^_^. I'll keep you updated. and find something for me to crit. :]
Hm, it sounds like a part of RHCP - I Like Dirt, the part when they sing: "I like dirt, I like dirt".
Never heard the song.. just looked at that.. and now i dont even wanna open the tab. Thats like an almost exact copy. the only thing different is the octave and the steps up in the second part >.>... yea this is making me wanna stop this song.
Quote by mtgold83
Never heard the song.. just looked at that.. and now i dont even wanna open the tab. Thats like an almost exact copy. the only thing different is the octave and the steps up in the second part >.>... yea this is making me wanna stop this song.

That's possibly my least favorite RHCP song. But, what are you guys smoking? They're just not at all the same.

Ok fine, your guitar line is quite similar in phrasing to the "I like dirt I like dirt" vocal line, but yeah... that's about it.

Don't quit. I be wanting to hear something funky that's not written by me
Quote by icronic
Ok fine, your guitar line is quite similar in phrasing to the "I like dirt I like dirt" vocal line, but yeah... that's about it.

I guess I didn't say more than that.

mt: is that a reason for stopping? Don't do it