I'm not big on recording at all. I don't know anything about it.

But I have been using Garageband which is a basic recording program lately.
I simply use the built-in microphone for my computer. Doesn't sound pro... but it works for me. My biggest problem is that Garageband generally underscores the sound of my fingers going up and down the strings, that scratching sound.

Is there any way I can change that? Any adjustments I can make to certain settings? Is that a problem specific to Garageband or does it happen to other recording programs?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Last edited by Yeti60 at Aug 19, 2009,
Ok I posted a short bit of a song on my profile so you all can hear what I'm talking about.

Help would be appreciated.
AROUND THE WORLD

Couple things I would do-

Turn the mic sensitivity down.
Turn away from the mic.
Turn the mic to Mono 1.
Move the mic to face the bridge of the guitar.

That sound will always be there when using the onboard mic, but those might help you get rid of them.
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin x100b, Epip VJr, Crate V33
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
I'm playing an acoustic guitar, you can hear what I played on my profile.

Hey JasonArp, thanks for the tips... I'll try that.

And yes drawnacrol the mic isn't too great... but at the moment I don't wanna drop some coin for a nicer recording mic, but this works for my purposes.
AROUND THE WORLD

well if your talking about sliding on a acoustic ive heard that putting a little vegatable oil on the strings helps that. the rest is up to you. some people like the sound of sliding around on an acoustic (happens on almost all the opeth records) so its really up to you but besides vegatable oil i dont really know.