I have one of those little marshalls like the one from the school of rock. I wondered if it would be possible to make it a tube amp out of it. even if it takes cutting holes in it.
basically take everything out and throw it away. then buy a tube amp kit and put it in the marshall chassis you have. other than that, no.
You can't turn an SS amp into a tube amp. Hell, a power tube is almost the same size as those little amps.
What model Marshall is it? If it's an MG, I'd just buy a new small tube combo.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by house212
I have one of those little marshalls like the one from the school of rock. I wondered if it would be possible to make it a tube amp out of it. even if it takes cutting holes in it.
Possible? Yes.

1 - Disassemble amp completely.

2 - Keep the cabinet, speaker, and power cord.

3 - Throw everything else away.

4 - Buy new parts that will cost you more than a good used tube amp.

5 - Assemble new circuit and install in old cabinet.

6 - ?????????

7 - PROFIT!!!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by yanko693
basically take everything out and throw it away. then buy a tube amp kit and put it in the marshall chassis you have. other than that, no.

I'm sure there's something he can use from his current amp (though I have nothing to back this up).

If you're looking to build something, do that^.

If you just want a tube amp, buy one. Blackstar makes good quality small tube amps for fairly cheap.
The Epi Valve Jr. is a good cheap tube amp, although you'd need at least an OD to play heavier stuff.

i already have a tube amp. i just want one mini. if youve ever seen the rock block or the zvex nano u will see what im talking about. its an ms-2 about 7 inches tall. maybe only preamp tubes will work. and u cant take the head from the speaker.
You won't even be able to fit a single tube into the entire chassis of a mini-amp.

Honestly, it wouldn't be worth it. The amount of circuitry you need would require cutting away most of the plastic. Plus, if you turned the volume up too much, I'm pretty sure the output would fry the amp.

Quote by bv310
Honestly, it wouldn't be worth it. The amount of circuitry you need would require cutting away most of the plastic. Plus, if you turned the volume up too much, I'm pretty sure the output would fry the amp.

^This.
TS Just go buy a cheap tube amp.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
well it was just an idea i had just needed to know if it was a possibility and if it would be worth it but thanks.
It's an interesting idea, but I just don't think you have enough room in that chassis.

You could try doing a Little Gem/Ruby amp kit. They're quite compact, but price-wise, I'm not sure.