Ok I made a thread in the recording forum with a bunch of questions, none have been answered so I thought I'd come to the ever-populous Pit for an answer.

One of my questions has to do with uploading music onto my profile here on UG.
First of all, I'm using Garageband.
When I choose to upload it only allows me to pick this video game music I made up. The other three songs I have are greyed out.

It will only let me upload that one song not any of the others... anyone know what's going on here?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
you sure they are mp3?
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Are you sure you exported them in mp3 format? Garageband is set to AAC by default.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Well all four of them were made with the Garageband program and it allows me to upload one but not the other three so I don't think that is the issue.
AROUND THE WORLD

ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Garageband files are huge in their original format. I have to convert them to mp3 after I export them in order to make them small enough to upload to UG, Myspace, etc...
hmmm... not sure what I should do. I didn't do anything any differently with the video game music I made, not sure why that one is OK and the other's aren't.
AROUND THE WORLD

Ok I downloaded this program everything looks good right?

Not so much...

when I get to the program and add the song file to convert, the one that I want is still greyed out but my video game song isn't.
Attachments:
Picture 1.png
AROUND THE WORLD

Also, I have never converted my video game song file before... yet it still is allowed to upload to my UG profile.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
Also, I have never converted my video game song file before... yet it still is allowed to upload to my UG profile.

Just go to the link I posted earlier and it'll convert your file for you, after you download the converted file try uploading that
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
Just go to the link I posted earlier and it'll convert your file for you, after you download the converted file try uploading that

Yeah I can't select the file I want... it's greyed out. Only my video game song is selectable.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
Yeah I can't select the file I want... it's greyed out. Only my video game song is selectable.

Did you even go to the link I posted? It's a website that converts it for you it doesn't grey anything out since it looks at all files
Last edited by Lord Mudkipz at Aug 18, 2009,
Convert it to mp3. You can do this when you initially export the song to itunes or you can convert the file into mp3 within itunes.
Quote by Yeti60
Maybe I'm not doing it right (although I think I am)

So I click the "choose file" button, I find the file I want (its "Guinnevere") and it is greyed out. So I can't choose it.

Kinda hard to see... Guinnevere is the top one on the list.

That's not what I posted, actually go to the link I posted because I'm not talking about that program.

I posted a link to a website that converts your file for you, actually go to it because I'm not talking about that program.
here is what I see.

I click on the choose file button and then this appears...
Attachments:
Picture 4.png
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
here is what I see.

srsly dude actually go to the link I posted, it's a website that converts your file for you
I clicked on the link

And I saw a button that said select file... Isn't that what I'm supposed to click?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
here is what I see.

It doesn't look like you exported the songs...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
I clicked the link

There is a blue tab on the page that says "Local File Conversion"

underneath that there is a button that says "Select File"
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
I clicked on the link

And I saw a button that said select file... Isn't that what I'm supposed to click?

You click on the button that says select file, you dig through the folders where your file is located, then you go down and pick the output format and pick MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3 (.mp3) go to the right a little and you'll see a blue button that says ok and click it, then it converts the file for you

you should be able to figure out the rest
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
You click on the button that says select file, you dig through the folders where your file is located, then you go down and pick the output format and pick MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3 (.mp3) go to the right a little and you'll see a blue button that says ok and click it, then it converts the file for you

you should be able to figure out the rest

Yes, it won't let me select the file to begin with.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
Yes, it won't let me select the file to begin with.

How about you email me your file (I'll PM my email address to you) and I'll convert it and email it back to you
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
How about you email me your file (I'll PM my email address to you) and I'll convert it and email it back to you

Thanks for the offer, but I want to try and figure out how to do it myself so if I'm ever in this same disastrous situation again I will be able to fix it, no sweat.

I think it may be a Mac issue as I'm a fairly new Mac user and still unfamiliar with doing technical stuff with files. I'm checking on a Mac forum as well.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
Thanks for the offer, but I want to try and figure out how to do it myself so if I'm ever in this same disastrous situation again I will be able to fix it, no sweat.

I think it may be a Mac issue as I'm a fairly new Mac user and still unfamiliar with doing technical stuff with files. I'm checking on a Mac forum as well.

I'm still sure that website should do it, I've uploaded all kinds of files (non-music ones too) and it takes every single one, converting them is a different story depending on what I'm trying to do
What's the actual format of the files?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
What's the actual format of the files?

Not sure how to check... I'm looking through the file info and I don't see anything.
The one main issue of Macs that I'm still dealing with: file management.

Anyone know how to check on Macs?
AROUND THE WORLD

Last edited by Yeti60 at Aug 18, 2009,
Anybody know?
(shameless bump)
AROUND THE WORLD