Page 1 of 2
If you have seen District 9 you have seen the trailer for this movie.

I have to say I have been disappointed with horror movies recently. They are predictable, not scary as much as startling/surprising with things jumping at you, and they are above all, very cliche. The photography is sub par as well.

This on the other hand seems to use interesting photography right from the first clip. I saw this preview in the theater for District 9 and the trailer alone scared the **** out of me.

"The Fourth Kind' movie trailer. In 1972, a scale of measurement was established for alien encounters. When a UFO is sighted, it is called an encounter of the first kind. When evidence is collected, it is known as an encounter of the second kind. When contact is made with extraterrestrials, it is the third kind. The next level, abduction, is the fourth kind. This encounter has been the most difficult to document...until now.

Structured unlike any film before it, The Fourth Kind is a provocative thriller set in modern-day Nome, Alaska, where—mysteriously since the 1960s—a disproportionate number of the population has been reported missing every year. Despite multiple FBI investigations of the region, the truth has never been discovered.

Here in this remote region, psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler (Milla Jovovich) began videotaping sessions with traumatized patients and unwittingly discovered some of the most disturbing evidence of alien abduction ever documented.

Using never-before-seen archival footage that is integrated into the film, The Fourth Kind exposes the terrified revelations of multiple witnesses. Their accounts of being visited by alien figures all share disturbingly identical details, the validity of which is investigated throughout the film.

Studio: Universal Pictures
Release: November 6, 2009
Director: Olatunde Osunsanmi
Writer: Olatunde Osunsanmi, Terry Lee Robbins
Cast: Milla Jovovich, Will Patton, Elias Koteas
Genre: Suspense, Thriller"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BENDh1sRPX0

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: Replaced video with HD one.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 18, 2009,
That still relied on jumpy, sudden actions to instill fear.

That said, it's a trailer. The movie has a lot of potential.
I don't get it. What's the movie about? Being abducted by an owl? Who knew owls could be so creepy.

Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by classicrockboy

Well played.
-Jim Morrison
i didnt see that trailer.. but that looks $9.50 worthy

PSN: reldask
It looked great until the goddamn Egyptian **** appeared. Haven't we covered alien/Egyptian themes like a couple million times already?
The playground of the world
Quote by Eddie4President
It looked great until the goddamn Egyptian **** appeared. Haven't we covered alien/Egyptian themes like a couple million times already?

the fifth element. best movie ever

Colbert sucks ass. The movie should be epic. Hope it lives up to its trailer... probably won't.

EDIT:
Quote by Eddie4President
It looked great until the goddamn Egyptian

Ignorance is truly a bliss in your case. That's not Egyptian. The black dude said "Sumerian," which happens to be a different culture, of different origins/location and took place in a slightly different timeline.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Last edited by Andragon at Aug 18, 2009,
So it's a documentary?

I thought it'd be like..someone gets abducted and tries to escape probing or something..like a real movie. I don't even think anyone has done that yet
Quote by Andragon
Colbert sucks ass. The movie should be epic. Hope it lives up to its trailer... probably won't.

EDIT:

Ignorance is truly a bliss in your case. That's not Egyptian. The black dude said "Sumerian," which happens to be a different culture, of different origins/location and took place in a slightly different timeline.

Lighten up man.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by that_1_dude24
That still relied on jumpy, sudden actions to instill fear.

That said, it's a trailer. The movie has a lot of potential.

it's a trailer. that's what it is supposed to do.

horror movies should be made to psychologically fuck up a human's mind.
Sent from my iPad.
it's a trailer. that's what it is supposed to do.

horror movies should be made to psychologically fuck up a human's mind.

This, for sure, I remember I was in a very very odd mood after I saw The Shining.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Andragon

Blasphemy!
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by Andragon

EDIT:

There's your problem. Do you honestly think I'd listen to him?
The playground of the world
Yeah the recent horror movies have killed me. They bore me so much, there was one i saw umm.. the haunting of emily something? i think. the movie made no sence and the ending ended like a disney movie. But yeah i agree too man, Horror movies should be made to **** a humans mind, and not just mess with the people with regular constitutions and stuff. like the normal people who do everyday normal things that get scared when a hand coems out of nowhere or a killer kills someone. I watch snuff for fun when im alone and with a few select friends, i've yet to come across a horror movie that excited me in the passed few years. SAW was good because it made you think, I liked the collector because of the ending and the cunningness of the fellow. Id really like a horror movie thats actually going to mess with my mind a bit lol. Cant wait to see this one, looks pretty good
~Gear~
1958 Epiphone V
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender Starcaster
ESP LTD B-50 Bass
Dean Playmate Acoustic

~Effects~
Digitech Deathmetal
Delay
Chorus
Synth
Box Of Metal
Big Muff Pi
Morley Wah
Quote by holderofthenuse
Yeah the recent horror movies have killed me. They bore me so much, there was one i saw umm.. the haunting of emily something? i think. the movie made no sence and the ending ended like a disney movie. But yeah i agree too man, Horror movies should be made to **** a humans mind, and not just mess with the people with regular constitutions and stuff. like the normal people who do everyday normal things that get scared when a hand coems out of nowhere or a killer kills someone. I watch snuff for fun when im alone and with a few select friends, i've yet to come across a horror movie that excited me in the passed few years. SAW was good because it made you think, I liked the collector because of the ending and the cunningness of the fellow. Id really like a horror movie thats actually going to mess with my mind a bit lol. Cant wait to see this one, looks pretty good

You watch snuff films? Thats disgusting.
I missed the preview for that when I saw District 9, but that looks amazing. I did see the preview for zombieland before it and i'm really excited for that movie.
Quote by martinez952000
I'm 13.
My armpit hair is growing, my leg hair is growing, my pubic hair is growing too.
What's next? Hair in my a**?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DO u guys have hair in your a**?
Yeah. Not like rapes or anything sexual. Just the human touture. I study the different types of human minds and brains work. the effectiveness of inhibitors and things like that, It just amazes me that a person can trap and hold captive another human beign and inflict harm apon them without even changing their facial expression where with some other people the sight of blood makes them pass out.
~Gear~
1958 Epiphone V
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender Starcaster
ESP LTD B-50 Bass
Dean Playmate Acoustic

~Effects~
Digitech Deathmetal
Delay
Chorus
Synth
Box Of Metal
Big Muff Pi
Morley Wah
Quote by holderofthenuse
Yeah. Not like rapes or anything sexual. Just the human touture. I study the different types of human minds and brains work. the effectiveness of inhibitors and things like that, It just amazes me that a person can trap and hold captive another human beign and inflict harm apon them without even changing their facial expression where with some other people the sight of blood makes them pass out.

So like kinkey then? Cause snuff is like rape murder ****, or thats what I've known it to be.
i agree about the "no more good horror movie" comment the strangers and the halloween remake were really good but the 2nd remake looks really bad
on topic,
it looks like it has potential but i will need to see more previews
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by classicrockboy
I don't get it. What's the movie about? Being abducted by an owl? Who knew owls could be so creepy.

I'm sold on this movie.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Nah none of that lol. Just touture/murder. Nothing sexual about it
~Gear~
1958 Epiphone V
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender Starcaster
ESP LTD B-50 Bass
Dean Playmate Acoustic

~Effects~
Digitech Deathmetal
Delay
Chorus
Synth
Box Of Metal
Big Muff Pi
Morley Wah
the problem with making a scary movie that will really mess up your brain, is that, all the writers, actors and directors are human as well, if they do create a movie that's truly mind bending to the extreme, they'd suffer some "damage" themselves, and then possibly not create the movie they originally envisioned. Or maybe just go insane.

But this movie looks kinda cool, I used to be obsessed with aliens
Interesting concept. Is the "archived footage" real or are they fabricated for this movie?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Interesting concept. Is the "archived footage" real or are they fabricated for this movie?

Dude, if its reall... oh sh-it. I gotta see this, looks like one thats gonna mess with your head.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by Xiaoxi

If you read through the comments alot of people are claiming that there are no records of this Abigail lady and that none of this crap ever happened and that they are making it up for the movie.

Then another comment will say her name wasn't actually Abigail, etc...

Honestly though, why does it matter, maybe the fabrication is a contributing factor the the experience.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I have the problem that I compare everything to The Shining.

It won't be as good as The Shining.

I do the same thing and I almost even called this thread "a new "the shining"?

But, to be honest, I expected I'd get alot of "shining is overrated" replies and "shining will never be touched" replies.

All the same, I agree with you; it won't be as good as the shining but I'm willing to bet that this movie here is one of the first good horror/thriller movies in a long long time.

I kind of liked The Happening though. The end just pissed me the **** off.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I do the same thing and I almost even called this thread "a new "the shining"?

But, to be honest, I expected I'd get alot of "shining is overrated" replies and "shining will never be touched" replies.

All the same, I agree with you; it won't be as good as the shining but I'm willing to bet that this movie here is one of the first good horror/thriller movies in a long long time.

I kind of liked The Happening though. The end just pissed me the **** off.

I just lost all respect for you. That was a horrible, horrible movie. And for the record, The Shining is overrated. But when a movie is so great like The Shining (although I didn't really like it) it is bound to be overrated.

I would totally dig this movie if Milla wasn't in it. She is ugly and a awful actor.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I just lost all respect for you. That was a horrible, horrible movie. And for the record, The Shining is overrated. But when a movie is so great like The Shining (although I didn't really like it) it is bound to be overrated.

I would totally dig this movie if Milla wasn't in it. She is ugly and a awful actor.

see, this is why I originally left the Shining out of the picture.

And I'm sorry I forgot your opinion on movies is the only valid one. The happening made me feel very uncomfortable, I love zooey and the photography was decent. It just lacked in the ending in my opinion. I don't like movies that leave the core parts of the movie (why, how did this happen, etc) open to speculation. To me it makes the writers seem lazy.

The Strangers; now THAT was a ****ing terrible movie.
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
see, this is why I originally left the Shining out of the picture.

And I'm sorry I forgot your opinion on movies is the only valid one. The happening made me feel very uncomfortable, I love zooey and the photography was decent. It just lacked in the ending in my opinion. I don't like movies that leave the core parts of the movie (why, how did this happen, etc) open to speculation. To me it makes the writers seem lazy.

Well there's your first problem. The Happening's premise, as well as it's story was very bad. Not to mention Mark Walhburg (sp?) can't act.

I just watched the trailer. I have to say, it is by far one of the scariest things I have ever seen. I literally got chills from watching it. I watch horror movies all the time and that rarely, if ever, happens. And putting my hate for Milla aside, she might actually do something good for once. Either way, this will be an amazing movie.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Well there's your first problem. The Happening's premise, as well as it's story was very bad. Not to mention Mark Walhburg (sp?) can't act.

I just watched the trailer. I have to say, it is by far one of the scariest things I have ever seen. I literally got chills from watching it. I watch horror movies all the time and that rarely, if ever, happens. And putting my hate for Milla aside, she might actually do something good for once. Either way, this will be an amazing movie.

At least we can agree on this movie.

In the theater, you can imagine how intense it was; it was very loud, very scary, very in your face.

After the trailer was over, the whole theater was just muttering sounds like "oh my GOD that looks scary" and someone in the lower rows yelled "HOLY SH$T!"
-Jim Morrison
Page 1 of 2