The idea of tablature, is that it represents the tab writers opinion on how he/she thinks the song is played, which is what makes tablature legal, as its an interpretation, not copyright infringrment.

Tab books come directly from the artist (i think), so it is copyrighted material, and it isnt your interpretation on how the song is played, it is, fret for fret, how the song is played by the artist, coming from a publication that the artist is trying to make money on.

I hope that makes sense
Quote by geanes
tab books arent directly from the artist
the DOES NOT MATTER.

The material in them IS copyrighted.
They did the work to put it in print.
They own the rights to sell and distribute that work.
You can NOT copy and paste that into a tab you upload to this site.

You can ONLY listen to the song, write down the tabulature, and upload that. Got it?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
the DOES NOT MATTER.

The material in them IS copyrighted.
They did the work to put it in print.
They own the rights to sell and distribute that work.
You can NOT copy and paste that into a tab you upload to this site.

You can ONLY listen to the song, write down the tabulature, and upload that. Got it?

Jesus Christ, calm down, dude. He never argued whether or not anything was illegal. A post said that tab books came from the artist, and he corrected it. So what?
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Jesus Christ, calm down, dude. He never argued whether or not anything was illegal. A post said that tab books came from the artist, and he corrected it. So what?
I'm not Jesus, please don't address me as such.
Further more, I'm perfectly calm.
I did NOT say he argued whether or not they were legal. I merely listed the facts.
That's what.

Have a nice day.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm not Jesus, please don't address me as such.
Further more, I'm perfectly calm.
I did NOT say he argued whether or not they were legal. I merely listed the facts.
That's what.

Have a nice day.

It may just be that typing can't accurately create human expression, but that post doesn't look very calm. =/
And your "the DOES NOT MATTER" thing is completely useless, since the statement you were responding wasn't being used to make another point, and was in fact the point itself.

But, I have 6 days until release from my warning, so I'm done before I get accused of flaming.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
It may just be that typing can't accurately create human expression, but that post doesn't look very calm. =/
If it made you feel less than calm, your problem, not mine.

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
And your "the DOES NOT MATTER" thing is completely useless, since the statement you were responding wasn't being used to make another point, and was in fact the point itself.
Nope. Not useless at all. And quite accurate. When it comes to the question in the OP, that statement DID NOT MATTER.

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
But, I have 6 days until release from my warning, so I'm done before I get accused of flaming.
You'll get no such accusation from me. Your posts were build on faulty logic and basically wrong, but there was no flaming involved.

Unless of course you're not calm, and concerned about what you might say. In which case, you could take your own advice instead of making assumptions about me.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I say do it, and do it often. I don't look up tabs to learn how to play Joe Blow's interpretation of a song. i do it to learn how to play THE SONG. However i don't recommend citing the book as the source. Maybe a code word instead. Any one against what im say i'd just like to quote Judas Priest "Breaking the law, breaking the law!"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Nope. Not useless at all. And quite accurate. When it comes to the question in the OP, that statement DID NOT MATTER.

So what you're saying is, unless your statement responds to the original post, then it doesn't matter? Then why are you replying to me?
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
So what you're saying is, unless your statement responds to the original post, then it doesn't matter? Then why are you replying to me?
Nope. That's NOT what I'm saying.

I was telling the THREADSTARTER that fact didn't matter when it came to his original question.

But but even if that WAS what I was saying, I'd still reply to you because it amuses me how twisted convoluted your logic is. Please continue.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
geanes:
Official tab books are copyrighted and you're not allowed to submit them to UG.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Please continue.

*Closed*
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.