I'm a begginer guitar player, but i've been playing bass for about a year now. I just got a guitar, so im using my bass amp with the guitar. I want to buy a decent amp with effects for it. Any ideas? Nothing too powerful, 15W is good. Also, i'm kinda broke so about $150 is my budget.
vypyr 15 wat is 99
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
as suggested peavey vypyr 15 or roland microcube
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Quote by chrisg7
as suggested peavey vypyr 15 or roland microcube

About the best 2 suggestions given your needs and budget.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Wolf 6
Get a Peavey Vypyr 15w, best modeling amp yet.

+1
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Guitar + bass amp = win. Pure Win.

I heard that you need about 4x more wattage than with a guitar amp.

Most small gigs use 50w guitar amps, so 200w bass amps would definately suffice. Also, but a nice multi-effect pedal to use with the amp, as most bass amps have crappy effects.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

save $50 more and spend $199 on the 30w vypyr. it is ridiculous for the price. you will be deaf on 2/13 volume. plus like 15+ amp models and 15+ effects.

don't buy anything else and don't use a bass amp.
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
Roland MicroCube, Vox Da5 or VibroChamp. I'm sorry Vypyr guys, I've seen a ****ton of these come back with issues. About as often as the Spider III.

Also, it's fine to use a bass amp with a guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
if i got the 30W vypyr, would my bass blow it out? or would it work? i'm trying to kill two birds with one stone, lol
A bass would destroy the cone of the speaker (I think, it ruins some part of it)
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
bass guitars mess up guitar amp speakers because the frequency it plays at is too hard on the speaker to vibrate at (if that makes any sense) itll just sound like a muddy mess of crap. ALTHOUGH if you get a Pod X3 Live you can plug in base or guitar and use the pod as a preamp and buy a power amp. Itll cost more but itll be worth it in the end.
~Defiant~