ok I'm looking for some beginner/intermediate solos in Drop C.

Solos that I already know in Drop C:

Mastadons - Blood and Thunder
Black Label Society - Demise of sanity
Black Label Society - Bleed for me
Ozzy - I don't wanna stop
Disturbed - Stricken

I can play the blood and thunder solo and I can almost get the stricken solo (towards the end i start to lose it.)

Anything that Zack Wylde can play I can't, yet.
Take any solo that doesn't use the low C string and play that. If it's normally in standard, it will sound a tone lower (obviously) but that's not a problem unless you're playing with the album.
this doesnt really fit with the songs u had listed that you already know personally i wouldnt consider this a solo it's the intro to disconnected by MCR my buddy played the song during a session today. just a suggestion.
one x_vox
Killswitch's version of Holy Diver is in drop C, I think. I like their solo better than the original, actually.

Pick pretty much any Dethklok solo, and it's gonna be in Drop C, as well as awesome. (Except for the Duncan Hills Coffee theme, which Skwisgar says is in Standard.)
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by ConfederateAxe

Pick pretty much any Dethklok solo, and it's gonna be in Drop C, as well as awesome. (Except for the Duncan Hills Coffee theme, which Skwisgar says is in Standard.)

actually duncan hills is in Drop D , but he doesnt use the lowest D string so yea nvm ur right lol
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Any Atreyu song.

Most of them have solos, all of them are in Drop C.
Honestly, if you're wanting to actually learn to solo you're best off biting the bullet, re-tuning your guitar in standard and starting with some basic stuff. There's no such thing as "Learning to play the guitar in Drop C", it's all just "playing the guitar", however the fact of the matter is there's a lot more resources and material out there in standard.

I despair with players who rush to fanny around with "br00tal h3av!3s dr0p t00ningz" before they understand the basics of the instrument.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Metallica-All Nightmare Long (live at least) is in Drop C Or Drop C#
Last edited by Nutle at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Killswitch's version of Holy Diver is in drop C, I think. I like their solo better than the original, actually.

most dethklok songs are C standard...all of them on the dethalbum are anyways.
Quote by steven seagull
Honestly, if you're wanting to actually learn to solo you're best off biting the bullet, re-tuning your guitar in standard and starting with some basic stuff. There's no such thing as "Learning to play the guitar in Drop C", it's all just "playing the guitar", however the fact of the matter is there's a lot more resources and material out there in standard.

I despair with players who rush to fanny around with "br00tal h3av!3s dr0p t00ningz" before they understand the basics of the instrument.

So then what would be some good solos to learn then?
Just pick any solo.

i tune to D standard but i'm learning a few E standard solos. It might be hard at first to know that every note you see has to be played a step higher on my guitar, but after a while it gets easier.

or you could do what i did at first, which is just ignoring the tuning. I only did that with solos that were in a standard or drop tuning, because anything else wouldn't sound right.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
So how about some beginner ones?

Everything i listen to has either no solo or freakin insane ones that I can't play.