Sorry if this should be somewhere else, but this is a guitar forum so this would belong in off topic id think :P. So Im looking for a turntable, just a cheap one, to play vinyls and maybe mess around with scratching.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PT01USB

Heres one I found, looked decent, (aesthetically, i dont know anything about turntables)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better one maybe? Im down for the cheapest, not ready to shell out much for a turntable yet.
I saw one on Woot once for $20
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
you'd want a better one if you're going to play vinyls, and an even better one if you plan on scratching without breaking it. IIRC you need one that's not belt-driven for it to be able to scratch
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Ahhh, anything other than belt driven is considerably more expensive from what ive seen. Whats the cheapest one I can get without it being a piece of crap? Is it worth it to buy local or used?
you're just trying to say that you weren't turned onto DJing because of DJ Hero by buying one before the game comes out...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by AlskiOverload
Ahhh, anything other than belt driven is considerably more expensive from what ive seen. Whats the cheapest one I can get without it being a piece of crap? Is it worth it to buy local or used?

there's no point in buying a cheap turntable or record player, if you're playing vinyls i'm assuming it's because you want the increase in sound quality over cd's and mp3's or whatever, and you'll have to buy at least a somewhat decent one to take advantage of that. if you're more into scratching, you can get CDJ's i think they're called, where you scratch mp3's. i find them to be gay, but they're cheaper than turntable sets and have about the same quality. i can't recommend any names though, as i don't own a pair of turntables myself.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
The mp3 one actually sounds interesting, I might check it out. Yeah, its partly because I want better quality, but also because I have a stack of vinyls and nothing to listen to them with :P. And SPBY, DJ Hero???? lol, I wont buy it.