Allright, so.
I recently bought a Line 6 UX2 for recording for myself and band as well.
I've been trying to set it up and start using it, but im finding it extremely difficult. First off, then im using the POD software, i can have my guitar plugged in, and it shows on the dials on the UX2 that im getting sound, but i never have any noise coming out. Do i need to have some sort of speaker system or headphones plugged in, or should it come out of my laptop?
Also, im having trouble using the live lite recording software as well.
Im doing the trial to record, and im at the step when i have to arm the audio track, and this is not working. it says i have to 'verify that i have selected an imput channel that has an instrument or microphone connected to it.'
A hand please, possibly to add you on msn so you can help me through it, or will be able to help.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I had this problem too with my UX1 when I first got it, I remember messing around in the control panel, I think you have to choose the UX1 as the main audio interface of the computer. Try doing that.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I had this problem too with my UX1 when I first got it, I remember messing around in the control panel, I think you have to choose the UX1 as the main audio interface of the computer. Try doing that.

Of course i sound stupid, but how do i do that?
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Well, I'm not on a pc anymore but I think it's in Sounds in the Control panel, when you install the software in the cd and connect the toneport it should be listed there
The toneport needs to be the input and output for your PC so plug your pc speakers into the headphone jack on the toneport. That's where the sound will be coming out of.

Also in your recording program go into settings and make sure the input and outputs are to your Toneport, direct ASIO recording option or something similar.
^He's right. Your toneport will take in the place of your soundcard that's inside your PC so you need to plug the speakers into the toneport and not into the soundcard of your PC.

Also set your toneport as main soundcard.
^ Well said

Also, the headphone socket has an incredibly powerful output so keep the dial fully down and then gradually increase until you reached a desired volume. A pair of headphones will probably break if you were to have the output at 10.
Last edited by Meatball200 at Aug 19, 2009,
I'm STILL having problems with this.
I have the toneport plugged into my computer, and currently have the toneport set as my default audio device in control panel > sounds.
I have a pair of speakers hooked up, but the volume coming out of them is almost nothing.
Also, when i plug the headphones into the headphone jack, the volume coming out of them is almost minimal as well.
Also, now that the toneport is set as my default audio device, i have no sound coming out of my computer.
Youtube videos are making NO noise whatsoever.
Also, im using a laptop with no speaker system attached.
What the hell do i do.
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel