hey guys, wat are some of your cheap and effective methods to sounding proofing a room to help muffle out some of the noise. the problem is my new band needs a quick and easy fix to lower the vol , well without the lowering the vol. it has to be easy to put it up and down and cheap, like a ghetto way lol. o right im not sure if this is the right forum to post but if it isnt im sure it will be moved. thnx in advance
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
Last edited by whoswt at Aug 19, 2009,
mattresses (not really cheap unless you find some crappy ones at garage sales and stuff), foam, heavy curtains, layers of bed sheets, carpet... pretty much anything soft and thick.

btw, i haven't actually teste dany of these out.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Both of the above posts are right. I think.

As far as egg cartons go just ask a local restaurant that serves breakfast if they have any egg cartons you can take home. They should have tons of them in the big industrial sized flats.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 19, 2009,
alright thanks everyone i'll try these
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
Thick blankets, like quilts or comforters would work. Maybe two layers. Stapling cardboard egg cartons would work too, but thats alot of eggs to eat/get rid of somehow. I think if you wanna take it down sometimes, the blanket idea would work decently well. Be sure to seal around the doors and windows too, that would help some.
ah btw could someone explain how do egg cartons work for sound proofing , just curious
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
Quote by whoswt
ah btw could someone explain how do egg cartons work for sound proofing , just curious
I can't explain to you, I just know it works.

I saw it on a kids science show called Popular Mechanics For Kids when I was eight.
ahaha okay, at first i thought everyone is messing with me.
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
Quote by whoswt

Egg cartons aren't actually soundproof. The design of the egg cartons breaks the direction of the sound waves and causes them to go in different directions, reducing echo and amplification. However, they don't actually absorb sound. But yes, they do reduce sound to an extent. Look up pictures of an anechoic (soundproof) chamber, and then you'll get the idea.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Last edited by cxrlxscr at Aug 19, 2009,
My band has actually been using my bedroom as our practice room for a while now, until we find someplace better. What we did was wrapped a piece of cardboard, and stuck it inbetween the glass and mesh frames in the window, and that helped alot. We also Hung 2 Large Comforters over my door, and shoved another comforter into the little space at the bottom of the door.

And for the walls, i have a few walls guitar hooks up, so we hung blankets from those, and draped blankets over the entertainment and stuff. It seemed to work VERY well.

Moral of the story is.... Blankets.... lots, and lots of blankets.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War