The strings that came on my Studio 5 were some sort of Elixir nanoweb (probably about a 45-105 with a 130 B string), but I'm not sure.

I want to replace these strings with the same thing, but I don't know what the original strings are specifically. Do I need Extra-Long scale strings for this bass since it's a longer neck at 35"?

Thanks for any help
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
I have one and I've never needed to get longer scale strings. Just get regular size strings in whichever brand you want them. The Studio sounds amazing with Rotosounds by the way.
I use super long D'addarios for mine. Try some out, see what suits you. =]
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
all Elixers sound the same, even the Cleartone variety.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Thanks guys, I've got a gift card to MusiciansFriend, and while they carry single strings in extra long, they don't have full sets of mediums in that length.

Do you think I need the additional length?
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
no, I doubt it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The guy at a shop told me all i could fit on it was the super long d'addarios and I was thinking why the hell would only only brand of one company make strings for this bass? but I also dont know squat about bass strings
Quote by morganite14
The guy at a shop told me all i could fit on it was the super long d'addarios and I was thinking why the hell would only only brand of one company make strings for this bass? but I also dont know squat about bass strings

that guy is speaking complete BS
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
why are you changing them anyways, the tone on them stays the same, they start to look bad but the sound isnt effected
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I leave them on for quite a while, these are over a year old, played for 1-2 hours per day and starting to corrode around the pickups. I'd say a year and 400+ hours is more than a reasonable time to change strings.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?