I'm looking to buy 2 dimarzios for my ibanez rg2ex1, the D-sonic for the bridge and Air norton in the neck. My local stores dont have these pickups, so i am forced to purchase them online. I havent bought any guitar parts online and i am wondering which website provides the fastest shipping (to southern california) and is overall the best website to choose from?
Lemme rephrase my question.

Does anyone know of websites that have distribution centers in or near the southern california region? (im looking for fast shipping without paying extra for something like overnight or 2 day shipping) Example being that i live about 30 minutes from the newegg.com distribution center, so i get my orders pretty much the next day even if i have the standard 3-7 day shipping selected.
Last edited by Thean4rchist at Aug 19, 2009,
I bought my parts for my partscaster from the guitar center website so I would say them.Unless you find a seller close to you on ebay.Things usually took 5-4 business days to get to me and I live in Orange.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
thx for the replys so far, still gonna wait for any additional opinions.

I personally dont mind if it takes a week to ship but it doesnt hurt to ask around for a bit of info that might lead to getting my stuff faster.
Quote by Thean4rchist
thx for the replys so far, still gonna wait for any additional opinions.

I personally dont mind if it takes a week to ship but it doesnt hurt to ask around for a bit of info that might lead to getting my stuff faster.

I'm sure,if you don't mind paying extra,you could get a faster shipping option or why don't you call some local shops and see if they have what you want so you can pick up the stuff and have it quickly instead?

Edit:What shops have you asked and where do you live,citywise?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
I'm sure,if you don't mind paying extra,you could get a faster shipping option or why don't you call some local shops and see if they have what you want so you can pick up the stuff and have it quickly instead?

Edit:What shops have you asked and where do you live,citywise?

I live in buena park (knotts berry farm and disneyland nearby, woo)
Other than Sam Ash and Guitar Center, the only other store i know is Mo's Fullerton music center, which is more of a learning/small time shop that has a tiny guitar section. I might call them tommorow to see if they sell pickups, who knows, maybe ill get lucky
Quote by Thean4rchist
I live in buena park (knotts berry farm and disneyland nearby, woo)
Other than Sam Ash and Guitar Center, the only other store i know is Mo's Fullerton music center, which is more of a learning/small time shop that has a tiny guitar section. I might call them tommorow to see if they sell pickups, who knows, maybe ill get lucky

If you don't mind the drive,call these places:

Pro Music Exchange (714)714 744-9762
Rock It Music (714)-674-0640
Pete's Music (714) 778-2548
Pepperland Music (714) 639-0909
The Guitar Doctor (714) 437-9607
Jim's Music (714) 669-3600

If any of these places say that they can special order them for you then don't be afraid to ask how long it would take and see if maybe they can get it to you quickly.

Also,are you going to install them yourself?

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Last edited by NewsoftheWorld at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
If you don't mind the drive,call these places:

Pro Music Exchange (714)714 744-9762
Rock It Music (714)-674-0640
Pete's Music (714) 778-2548
Pepperland Music (714) 639-0909
The Guitar Doctor (714) 437-9607
Jim's Music (714) 669-3600

If any of these places say that they can special order them for you then don't be afraid to ask how long it would take and see if maybe they can get it to you quickly.

Also,are you going to install them yourself?

Wow thanks for the list. I removed all the electronics and refinished the guitar a year or so ago, so i know my way around putting it back together and resoldering all the wires. So yes, i intend to install them myself.
Quote by Thean4rchist
Wow thanks for the list. I removed all the electronics and refinished the guitar a year or so ago, so i know my way around putting it back together and resoldering all the wires. So yes, i intend to install them myself.

What guitar is it?

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Thean4rchist
ibanez RG2EX1

I didn't see that in the OP.

I recommend that you try calling Rock It Music and Jim's Music first. I have shopped at either of them but I hear that that they a good selection of things. What guitar center(s) did you go to?

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
I didn't see that in the OP.

I recommend that you try calling Rock It Music and Jim's Music first. I have shopped at either of them but I hear that that they a good selection of things. What guitar center(s) did you go to?

I went to one in Cerritos, since it was in the same region as Sam Ash. I asked and they looked up both of them and said they were probably special order. So i assume the other guitar centers are the same.
Quote by Thean4rchist
I went to one in Cerritos, since it was in the same region as Sam Ash. I asked and they looked up both of them and said they were probably special order. So i assume the other guitar centers are the same.

I imagine so,they never really have what I need.

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Whoa hold on a second here, new question.
I was just reading the description of the D Sonic pickup

"The D Sonic™ is more than just a one-sound pickup, too. In addition to the standard series humbucking sound, DiMarzio's patented design utilizes 4-conductor wiring to access two different single-coil sounds plus parallel humbucking mode, for three additional sounds that are distinctive and versatile. "

This confuses me, does that mean i need like a 5 way selector switch to get the full range of tones from this pickup? (my ibanez only has bridge, bridge+neck, neck) Or perhaps push-pull knobs? (Like on the Schecter Hellraiser series.)

Edit: Never mind, a couple google searches later and i think i get the gist of it. Basically you can get a bunch of different tones by flipping the direction that the pickup is facing. And also that there are several wires (four maybe?) and you choose which ones to use. Correct?
Last edited by Thean4rchist at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by Thean4rchist
Whoa hold on a second here, new question.
I was just reading the description of the D Sonic pickup

"The D Sonic™ is more than just a one-sound pickup, too. In addition to the standard series humbucking sound, DiMarzio's patented design utilizes 4-conductor wiring to access two different single-coil sounds plus parallel humbucking mode, for three additional sounds that are distinctive and versatile. "

This confuses me, does that mean i need like a 5 way selector switch to get the full range of tones from this pickup? (my ibanez only has bridge, bridge+neck, neck) Or perhaps push-pull knobs? (Like on the Schecter Hellraiser series.)

Edit: Never mind, a couple google searches later and i think i get the gist of it. Basically you can get a bunch of different tones by flipping the direction that the pickup is facing. And also that there are several wires (four maybe?) and you choose which ones to use. Correct?

No, not really.

Most aftermarket pickups have four conductor wiring to allow for them to be split or wired in parallel - lots of guitars are setup this way with the stock pickups anyway. If you don't want to have the option of parallel wiring or split coils then you can just wire the two coils together.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com