Someone give me a rundown. Think I need to take the tubes out? Just bought a Warehouse Reaper G12H30 knockoff and will be trying to put it in tomorrow. If I can do it without replacing my tubes I will be pleased.
Take the tubes out anyway?

Why would you need to replace the tubes if you took them out?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Sorry when I said replacing my tubes I meant in the case that I screw up while pulling them out and break one or something. If I have to pull them out I will but I heard they're hard to put back in and get set up correctly so I'd prefer to do it without touching them.
no you can pull them out. the only thing i would be worried about is having to re bias but the classic 30 is a cathode biased amp so you dont need to even worry. just take the tubes out and then put the new speaker in and just make sure when you put the tubes in the 12ax7's(little ones) go back in the preamp and the EL84'(big tubes) go back into the power amp section. dont worry man speaker changes are really easy.

one more thing make sure when you tighten the speaker you do it in a star pattern other wise you could warp the basket.
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
no you can pull them out. the only thing i would be worried about is having to re bias but the classic 30 is a cathode biased amp so you dont need to even worry. just take the tubes out and then put the new speaker in and just make sure when you put the tubes in the 12ax7's(little ones) go back in the preamp and the EL84'(big tubes) go back into the power amp section. dont worry man speaker changes are really easy.

one more thing make sure when you tighten the speaker you do it in a star pattern other wise you could warp the basket.

Amazing post, thanks for the tips!
You will also have to remove the chassis and gently swing it out of the way. I think the reverb tank is hard wired on both ends. There are two large screws on each side of the cab that hold the chassis in if I remember correctly. If you lay the amp face down on a blanket of something you can figure it out. I did mine few years ago. If Ican do it anyone can!

JB