I'm sure this isn't too unusual but I don't pick the conventional way. It's like I have a pretty extreme hitchhiker's thumb that I keep bent back while I do most the moving with my whole arm and pointer finger. I've been playing for six years and haven't found anyone who picks like this. My pinky normally touches the guitar and other 2 fingers are open. Anyone pick like this or know anyone who picks like this so I can learn from them? It makes my picking sloppy when I change speed.
If it makes your picking sloppy then it's not a good idea to be picking that way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I... don't understand your description but chances are there's someone else out there who picks like that... whether they're any good or not I have no idea

But I do second Steven's opinion on the matter as well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 19, 2009,
I don't reli understand your description either but my thumb also bends back at a right angle and is hard to stop.
What you are describing sounds very uncomfortable to me. Have you ever tried picking other ways? Like getting the motion from your wrist and not your whole arm.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
A picture would help
I like metal

Gear (still working on it ) :

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak