So as a poor student im trying to narrow my rig down to a single guitar that will cover mostly what I want.
Of what I have at the moment (Jap Strat and Squier Classic Vibe Tele) im thinkin of keeping the tele as that guitar. Built really well, and I think I like the feel of a Tele over a Strat. She just needs some new pickups.

Main influences:
Jeff Buckley
Muse
Incubus
Silversun Pickups
Death Cab For Cutie
The Shins
Radiohead
etc

What pickups do you all think would suit?
Im thinking a Dimarzio Twang King for the neck. Got heaps of good reviews over at the tele forum http://www.tdpri.com/

Need some kind of humbucker for the bridge though. Whats everyones fave?
I was gonna be a fanboy and just buy the same pickup Jeff Buckley used late in his career in his tele but I thought I should check around first
Quote by Benjibum

Or in Final Fantasy terms, think of him as always casting Reflect on himself. The only way to hurt him is to cast Reflect on yourself and bounce Firaga off yourself.

What a load of rubbish. Just punch him in the ****ing shins.
Great taste in music. Jeff Buckley is pretty much my idol and favorite guitar player. I'm recording Mojo Pin at the moment.

Now, to your question. You'll want a warm bridge with a nice twang, but not too country. The Lollar Special T bridge seems to fit well.
http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=telecaster-pickups

For neck, forget about twang. You want warmth, roundness, and presence. Again, the Lollar Special T or Vintage T would work great.

Post some Jeff Buckley clips when you're done!
Jeff Buckley was definitely one of the greatest guitar players.
The reason I thought of the Twang King is because of the clip on the Dimarzio site. I havent listened to it in a while but it was that dream brother like sound I had in my head that I wanted, and it was cheap. About half the price of the lollars I think. I will look into them though

Will those pickups be able to handle heavier stuff though?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyvo6gY9zLA

Also want to be able to cover stuff like that. Thinkin I might need humbuckers. Then again pretty sure the guitarist uses P-90s live

Thanks though, ill look into those pickups when I get the chance

Also love post-rock but not really into playing it that much. More an admirer
Quote by Benjibum

Or in Final Fantasy terms, think of him as always casting Reflect on himself. The only way to hurt him is to cast Reflect on yourself and bounce Firaga off yourself.

Honestly, if you're poor then pickups are the least of your worries, they're hardly ever an essential upgrade - what's the rest of your rig?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well when I say poor I mean that im saving for a car/uni etc and cant really justify that much on guitars. Thats why I want to get one covering as much as I can tone wise and ditch the rest.

Going into a Blues Jr, with a SD1, MI Audio Blues Pro and Proco Turbo Rat giving me dirt. Also got a Damage Control Timeline delay.
RRP worth more than my guitar I know but I got it less than half price.

And I do need new pickups. All my guitars have single coils. You cant really play everything with them
Quote by Benjibum

Last edited by willis4 at Aug 19, 2009,
If you want a full sized humbucker you'll likely have to re-rout the guitar to accomodate it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com