for this forum to have our own 'post your songtab' sort of thing?

just cause i have **** I would be interested in getting feedback on, but i feel kind of vulnerable posting it in the big song forum. Sketched out that my ideas are so out there. Plus i mean i dunno how many people from this forum look at that one, and it'd be nice to get feedback from fellow metalheads.

dunno if mods will approve of this, but just a thought from me.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
people here are generally meaner than people in the songwriting forum...
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
yes but there are people that I know listen to the same bands I listen to, and have similar opinions on most things, so it'd be nice to know if they think my stuff is cool or not.

The real problem is that the only person I know in real life that listens to the same stuff as me is my bro, and since me and him write some songs together his opinions are from a fellow bandmember's perspective, rather than an outside listener.

Sumdeus
that's an idea too

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
yes but there are people that I know listen to the same bands I listen to, and have similar opinions on most things, so it'd be nice to know if they think my stuff is cool or not.

Double edged sword, right there.

Since people here listen to the same bands as you do, they are desensitized to it more than a fresh pair of ears. While you may get raving crits in the main forum, people here might not be so enthusiastic, since they've heard it (or something similar, at least) before.

Just post in the big forum. It's the bloody internet, you don't need to take every little thing somebody tells you to heart.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
If you're referring to The Tabs and Chords forum, I go in there pretty often, and there are many metalheads in there. Although not many from here.

Unfortunately everything labelled as metal is normally core.
I would be very interested, though, if we were to have a thread like that in the metal forum.

Often I post something in the chat thread and I get feedback, as do others.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Aug 19, 2009,