Page 1 of 2
Don't even get me started on the War on Marijuana...I mean the War on Drugs. 80% of the DEA's budget goes to fight a drug that has not killed a single person in thousands of years of history. That leaves only 20% of the money spent on heroin, crack, meth, speed, acid, coke, ecstacy, or any other drugs that actually hurt people. Now, can someone please tell me what it is about marijuana that is so dangerous that the DEA feels it has to spend FIVE TIMES as much on it as they do on REAL drugs?

You might not have heard of Marc Emery, but he's a Canadian pot activist and is responsible for the growth of more marijuana than anyone else on the entire planet. He's been selling mail order marijuana seeds since the mid 90's and made over 15 million dollars doing so. He called his plan "Overgrow the Government". His plan was to create so much marijuana that the police could not keep up with the spread and would be exausted in their efforts to stop it. He then only kept the profits he needed to live on in his simple downtown apartment, donating millions of dollars to fund the legalization movement. He nearly succeeded in the Summer of 2004, when the Canadian government introduced legislation to decriminalize marijuana. He went on a cross country tour, holding large pot smoking rallies infront of police stations in major cities.

It was only at this time that the DEA began investigating him, after he'd been doing this for years. 18 months later, the DEA arrested him, a CANADIAN citizen on CANADIAN soil when the CANADIAN police knew it wasn't worth the money or effort to bust him for selling ****ING SEEDS. The US now wants Canada to extradite him so that he can face 10 years to life in prison and it looks like Canada's just going to bend over and let them have him. If you've seen Marc Emery, you'll know that he wouldn't last a week in American prison.

Today, the bill to decriminalize marijuana was never issued because of pressure from Washington and the leader of the legalization movement has been taken down by American authorities. Why are they fighting so hard to keep marijuana illegal? It's because marijuana opens people's minds and makes them question things. Makes them question this bull**** war, these bull**** lies their leaders feed them every day, and the bull**** way this world is run. You might call me a conspiracy theorist but if marijuana doesn't kill people, doesn't make people aggressive and has many useful medical purposes, then there must be some OTHER reason why they're fighting so damn hard to keep it illegal.
i love marc emery
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by metalhead39
Why are they fighting so hard to keep marijuana illegal? It's because marijuana opens people's minds and makes them question things.
No.
Makes them question this bull**** war, these bull**** lies their leaders feed them every day, and the bull**** way this world is run.
No, no, no.
Pot should be legalized. And I say this as someone who doesn't even drink, let alone smoke pot.

Governments waste so much money on trying to keep it illegal. That money could be used for so many other, useful things. People can get weed easily enough illegally, so there's no point in keeping it illegal. If the government were to regulate it and make it legal, they could even make money off it which could be used to better the country/pay off debts.

EDIT: RU Experienced is right, though. You got waaaaaay too preachy near the end.
Last edited by 1The_Trooper1 at Aug 19, 2009,
Boohoo, looks like someone hopped on the angsty teen train.

It's called thinking. I fail to see how marijuana is the reason why you know all this stuff

Sounds like you're overly blind.
its funny that RU Experienced? is sayin' no to the TS but he has a towlie avatar lol. maybe he's a closet smoker?
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
That's too bad about Marc Emery, he has done a lot of good.

I agree with everything you said, but doesn't this belong in the drug thread?
Quote by Hart_Attack
its funny that RU Experienced? is sayin' no to the TS but he has a towlie avatar lol. maybe he's a closet smoker?

Not at all, I'm pretty open that I used to smoke ganja. Been clean for just over a year now actually

That doesn't mean the TS isn't borderline retarded though.
Quote by Hart_Attack

Saying no to the preachiness, methinks, not the overall message.

Same stance as me. Great minds and all that jazz...
Quote by metalheadblues
who cares if its legal
i still smoke/grow it

This,

Legality is irrelevant. If our governments aren't wasting their money against pot, they'll waste it against something else.

They will never use this money for anything anyone considers meaningful, so why make a big thing about it?

Smokers can get their pot, on the cheap too, so why do you need to legalize it?
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Screw pot, I smoke clams. If you don't know what clams are, google it.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Quote by Shredder XXX
This,

Legality is irrelevant. If our governments aren't wasting their money against pot, they'll waste it against something else.

They will never use this money for anything anyone considers meaningful, so why make a big thing about it?

i actually mistyped
i ment to say who cares if its illegal
btw i didn't even read the post lol i'm just talking about weed
Yeah I was totally with you uo until the part about weed opening people's minds. I disagree with that to some extent. The drug doesn't do that, the drug makes you hungry and sleepy and makes music do funny things to your head. The lifestyle will undoubtedly teach you things that will open your mind to accepting other people and ideas, but that's about it.

Drug Thread?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I don't really care, it's still easy to get, makes no difference to me in or-stray-ya.
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
let me tell you this, pot was only made illegal because of minorities (aka blacks). Same thing goes for cocaine, but if you look at history even alcohol was illegal at one point in time, but guess who made all of the money off of that...the mafia. The reason that drugs are still illegal is because no American group has a huge monopoly on it like the mafia did in the 20s and 30s. All of the money goes to Mexico, Columbia and what not. Plus the government did play a part in the Iran-Contra situation (if you dont know it look it up). As a person who does zero drugs, I do believe that the government would be better off legalizing and taxing like they do with cigarettes , gambling, and alcohol. However, even if they do legalize and tax it, with the way we have worked for the last 50 years or so, people will still buy from their local dealer who is selling more potent drugs. It's a difficult situation but all in all the reason it is illegal in the first place was because white people believed the drugs made blacks more violent and wild. Watch the History Channel specials on it.
Quote by metalhead39

It was only at this time that the DEA began investigating him, after he'd been doing this for years. 18 months later, the DEA arrested him, a CANADIAN citizen on CANADIAN soil when the CANADIAN police knew it wasn't worth the money or effort to bust him for selling ****ING SEEDS. The US now wants Canada to extradite him so that he can face 10 years to life in prison and it looks like Canada's just going to bend over and let them have him. If you've seen Marc Emery, you'll know that he wouldn't last a week in American prison.

The Canadians didn't arrest him because it isn't a crime to sell seeds in Canada.

If anyone is interested, Emery is going to jail in the United States. The hope now is to have his term commuted to a Canadian prison. He has a store in downtown Vancouver (which is also the building for his magazine, Cannabis Culture) and I believe it is the headquarters of the BC Marijuana party. Anyways, they have petitions available there and possibly online.
Quote by Shredder XXX
This,

People are being put in jail for smoking weed. People's lives are being ruined. Real people, like you and me. That's not irrelevant. To make matters worse, we pay for it -- literally. There are plenty of useful things governments spend money on. Things like schools, firefighters and housing for the poor. Things like roads and education. Hospitals. That's not ****ing irrelevant and it's pretty ****ing meaningful.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik

People are being put in jail for smoking weed. People's lives are being ruined. Real people, like you and me. That's not irrelevant. To make matters worse, we pay for it -- literally. There are plenty of useful things governments spend money on. Things like schools, firefighters and housing for the poor. Things like roads and education. Hospitals. That's not ****ing irrelevant and it's pretty ****ing meaningful.

Nobody is put in jail for SMOKING weed. I mean nobody, not even in America. That only happened in the 60s and 70s. The most you get is a ticket now, even in some states depending on how much you have you only get a ticket. Don't over exaggerate ****. It's stupid people like you who think smoking weed is harmless. There is a ton of money being lost that goes overseas to different countries because of drugs. If you want better roads, schools, and hospitals then start working to legalize it, otherwise you're another hippie pothead who wants to make a difference, but doesnt really want to put in the effort to make a difference.
Quote by mckraf
Nobody is put in jail for SMOKING weed. I mean nobody, not even in America. That only happened in the 60s and 70s. The most you get is a ticket now, even in some states depending on how much you have you only get a ticket. Don't over exaggerate ****. It's stupid people like you who think smoking weed is harmless. There is a ton of money being lost that goes overseas to different countries because of drugs. If you want better roads, schools, and hospitals then start working to legalize it, otherwise you're another hippie pothead who wants to make a difference, but doesnt really want to put in the effort to make a difference.

You're a dumbass. You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about. Here in the South (Alabama, Georgia, etc.), you will most likely be arrested, even if you're just smoking a blunt in your car.
Wow, I totally thought he'd be some 28 year old, unshaven college dropout who survives by crashing the night at parties and eating free Cheetos. He looks like a respectable gentleman:

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by blackthought
You're a dumbass. You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about. Here in the South (Alabama, Georgia, etc.), you will most likely be arrested, even if you're just smoking a blunt in your car.

You live in ****ing in the South. That doesnt apply to you because the South still treats black people like 2nd class citizens. Who do you think accounts for the majority of drug arrests in the South? Not whites, blacks. Catch up with the rest of the world and then come and call me a dumbass.
Quote by RU Experienced?
His left eye is slightly higher and opened wider than his right eye.

I'm freaking out, man.

He looks like the kind of bloke I'd like to smoke pot and watch National Geographic with.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by mckraf

Look up the prison statistics, asshole. Do you know what the legal term "possession" means? What do you suggest I do? Want me to run off into the wilderness and start a guerrilla legalization army, you ****ing moron? Talking about a ton of money going overseas for weed? Are you retarded? You know why weed comes from Mexico, considering you can grow it virtually ****ing anywhere (it's a weed, jackass)? Because you can't grow it legally here. People who have doctorates in economics will tell you that legalization will bring in billions of dollars in in taxes -- and that's ignoring the money saved not keeping harmless citizens in prison but also law enforcement resources, so don't ****ing tell me it's bad for the economy. Besides, you know what is the biggest export in my province of residence, British Columbia (that's in Canada by the way, hotshot)? It's weed.

Wanna talk about harm? Ever heard of the Hells Angels? You know how they make all their money? Trafficking drugs. You know what you can't make money doing when drugs are legal? Drug trafficking. Wow. Learning is fun.

You know what other idiots say smoking weed is harmless? Doctors. Look it up.

Tell me to work towards legalization? Social change is brought about best by education. I'll consider this my days work, asshole.

It might also interest you to know that there are no seas separating the U.S from major drug exporters. And over-exaggeration is redundant.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by mckraf
You live in ****ing in the South. That doesnt apply to you because the South still treats black people like 2nd class citizens. Who do you think accounts for the majority of drug arrests in the South? Not whites, blacks. Catch up with the rest of the world and then come and call me a dumbass.

Yeah, because the ass-backwardness of the American South is my sole responsibility.

Quote by mckraf
Nobody is put in jail for SMOKING weed. I mean nobody, not even in America.

Look familiar, fuckface? Last I checked, the South is part of America. You should have been an abortion statistic.
Quote by RU Experienced?
His left eye is slightly higher and opened wider than his right eye.

I'm freaking out, man.

It's a political statement, man. It's like, his left eye is like left wing politics, which are, like, more open to different ideas, as opposed to his shadowy and squinty right eye, which is, you know, evil, man. Think about it.
Quote by mckraf
let me tell you this, pot was only made illegal because of minorities (aka blacks). Same thing goes for cocaine, but if you look at history even alcohol was illegal at one point in time, but guess who made all of the money off of that...the mafia. The reason that drugs are still illegal is because no American group has a huge monopoly on it like the mafia did in the 20s and 30s. All of the money goes to Mexico, Columbia and what not. Plus the government did play a part in the Iran-Contra situation (if you dont know it look it up). As a person who does zero drugs, I do believe that the government would be better off legalizing and taxing like they do with cigarettes , gambling, and alcohol. However, even if they do legalize and tax it, with the way we have worked for the last 50 years or so, people will still buy from their local dealer who is selling more potent drugs. It's a difficult situation but all in all the reason it is illegal in the first place was because white people believed the drugs made blacks more violent and wild. Watch the History Channel specials on it.

It all started with Mexican migrant workers, actually. They'd hang out smoking pot and were "stealing" our jobs in the Depression days, so they started making what they enjoyed illegal. Just another excuse to kick out a minority.
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

Quote by Vornik

Harmless, eh?

Plus if you've got ~20 grams they can hit you with intention to distribute as well as possession.
Quote by captainoid
It's a political statement, man. It's like, his left eye is like left wing politics, which are, like, more open to different ideas, as opposed to his shadowy and squinty right eye, which is, you know, evil, man. Think about it.

I didn't realize he was born into this role as a walking metaphor. At least we know he practices what he preaches.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Aug 19, 2009,
Quote by Shredder XXX
This,

you can't really be that fucking stupid, can you?

i could think of twelve trillion places i would rather see government money spent. but you go ahead, just roll over.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Harmless, eh?

Uh... well if you smoke it, the smoke won't be easy on your lungs. Beyond that, it's harmless.

Plus, it's a great (and safe) appetite enhancer and mild pain reliever.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Look up the prison statistics, asshole. Do you know what the legal term "possession" means? What do you suggest I do? Want me to run off into the wilderness and start a guerrilla legalization army, you ****ing moron? Talking about a ton of money going overseas for weed? Are you retarded? You know why weed comes from Mexico, considering you can grow it virtually ****ing anywhere (it's a weed, jackass)? Because you can't grow it legally here. People who have doctorates in economics will tell you that legalization will bring far in excess of millions of dollars in in taxes -- and that's ignoring the money saved not keeping harmless citizens out of prison but also law enforcement resources, so don't ****ing tell me it's bad for the economy. Besides, you know what is the biggest export in my province of residence, British Columbia (that's in Canada by the way, hotshot)? It's weed.

Wanna talk about harm? Ever heard of the Hells Angels? You know how they make all their money? Trafficking drugs. You know what you can't make money doing when drugs are legal? Drug trafficking. Wow. Learning is fun.

Tell me to work towards legalization? Social change is brought about best by education. I'll consider this my days work, asshole.

It might also interest you to know that there are no seas separating the U.S from major drug exporters. And over-exaggeration is redundant.

you're my hero
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Vornik
Uh... well if you smoke it, the smoke won't be easy on your lungs. Beyond that, it's harmless.

Plus, it's a great (and safe) appetite enhancer and mild pain reliever.

That's why on the fifth day God created spliffs.

Yeah, I was kidding because a doctor isn't going to say any carcinogen is harmless, but for all intents and purposes we can pretty much agree to that.

I know where to turn if I ever fall into an anorexic spell...
Quote by RU Experienced?
That's why on the fifth day God created spliffs.

Yeah, I was kidding because a doctor isn't going to say any carcinogen is harmless, but for all intents and purposes we can pretty much agree to that.

I know where to turn if I ever fall into an anorexic spell...

I know this is a stupid argument to get into, but for the record, lots of doctors say it's harmless. (Or as harmless as anything can reasonably be.)
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
I know this is a stupid argument to get into, but for the record, lots of doctors say it's harmless. (Or as harmless as anything can reasonably be.)

It is stupid, but I'm game.

So long as it is ingested orally then yes, I would agree that a doctor could call it absolutely harmless (as if my opinion is more valid...).

While I don't doubt that some doctors have said that smoking it is harmless as well, we know that to be untrue and they aren't saying literally it has zero negative effects on you, because it is a carcinogen.
Page 1 of 2