I have only been playing for a year. I'm in no way good or anything. This is my 1st song ever and its taken me 3 months to write and tab. I personally love it. I find it very fun and relaxing to play. Its metalcore i guess with other ****. Don't say it sucks or if you're gonna be negative don't comment. I think i did good for my 1st GP tab and Song ever made so yea. Comments Feedback Criticism?

WILL ADD BACK TRACK TOMMOROW
Attachments:
Voice Of Reasoning.gp5
Last edited by xHumanity at Aug 19, 2009,
It's easier for everyone if you just attach the GP5 file in your post. If it doesn't fit, you can just make a zip file and it should fit.
alright there ya go i feel accomplished for writing my 1st song and i think its catchy to
Well, it's not really a song, since there's just a guitar track on there, but I think it could have some potential. Seeing as it's your first song, it might take you a while to get used to composing all of the parts, but believe me, once you get used to it, you could come up with some great stuff
Quote by aceral1715
Well, it's not really a song, since there's just a guitar track on there, but I think it could have some potential. Seeing as it's your first song, it might take you a while to get used to composing all of the parts, but believe me, once you get used to it, you could come up with some great stuff

does it sound good? i know its not technically a whole song but is it catchy
some of those notes in bars one and two sound a little off. not necessary that they don't fit the key, which is fine, but they just don't sound good to me. the 5/4 part is cool. the breakdowns work i guess. not bad for a first song
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
some of those notes in bars one and two sound a little off. not necessary that they don't fit the key, which is fine, but they just don't sound good to me. the 5/4 part is cool. the breakdowns work i guess. not bad for a first song

so in other words its crap? what do you mean the notes in the first two bars sound off?
I think he means they sound either out of key, or something like that. And I agree with him, they just sound wrong, even though they are in key, I checked, they just sound... Weird.

Anyways, the rest of the song is good, would be better with other instruments, but its good as is. I like the various riffs and such. And I think it'll turn out pretty good with a full band arrangement.

Anyways, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21144495#post21144495 - C4C
The change from bar 10 to 11 seemed kinda offputting to me, but it might sound better with the drums or vocals you had in mind. And as has been said already, this isn't bad for your first song and probably would be catchier with a beat behind it.
Quote by whodat
The change from bar 10 to 11 seemed kinda offputting to me, but it might sound better with the drums or vocals you had in mind. And as has been said already, this isn't bad for your first song and probably would be catchier with a beat behind it.

Ahh I see what you mean but with the drums my breakdown would probably sound so technical and polyrythmytic
anyone wanna add more parts to my actual tab with me?
The
Part reminded me of shooting on the old NES Top gun game.

And the part right after it reminded me of bowser.

But its decent for a first song.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
You certainly did better than me in the first song case. The riffs are good, some lack a little repetition (ex. the riff at bar 32 only has one variation I suggest maybe harmonizing the part with another guitar). Also, I can't shake the feeling that it's just riffs put together. Some sound good together, some clash with each other and it sounds very weird. Anyway, great for your first song, I'd like to hear it as a FULL song.
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]
Quote by champayne
You certainly did better than me in the first song case. The riffs are good, some lack a little repetition (ex. the riff at bar 32 only has one variation I suggest maybe harmonizing the part with another guitar). Also, I can't shake the feeling that it's just riffs put together. Some sound good together, some clash with each other and it sounds very weird. Anyway, great for your first song, I'd like to hear it as a FULL song.

I know what you're saying. It is mainly riffs and I did fillers and added them end. Some Of the riffs were supposed to be like creepy or a sololy part thus the reason why I put only one part of it in the song. But I don't know how to add drums or what I'd add as a bass line or a second guitar part. If you'd like to help me complete it with drums and bass and a second guitar I'd galdly be appreciative
Quote by xHumanity
I know what you're saying. It is mainly riffs and I did fillers and added them end. Some Of the riffs were supposed to be like creepy or a sololy part thus the reason why I put only one part of it in the song. But I don't know how to add drums or what I'd add as a bass line or a second guitar part. If you'd like to help me complete it with drums and bass and a second guitar I'd galdly be appreciative

sure ill be glad to help
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]