Been playing a year.

My rhythm plying is at an exceptional level, I've learned all the open chords, can ply most chuggy metal stuff and post-hardcore stuff. I'm still abit rusty of arpeggios though.

Where do I go now? I feel I want to learn about scales and keys, but where do I start learning scales? I know the Minor Pentatonic, but what scales should I learn next?

Also more chords, all these bands I have have awesome arpeggios. Do they look the chords up, or construct the chords themselves, or randomly play whats good.

I'm seriously losto n what to do next

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Been playing a year.

My rhythm plying is at an exceptional level, I've learned all the open chords, can ply most chuggy metal stuff and post-hardcore stuff. I'm still abit rusty of arpeggios though.

Where do I go now? I feel I want to learn about scales and keys, but where do I start learning scales? I know the Minor Pentatonic, but what scales should I learn next?

Also more chords, all these bands I have have awesome arpeggios. Do they look the chords up, or construct the chords themselves, or randomly play whats good.

I'm seriously losto n what to do next

Wut?

And you should learn the major pentatonic, the blues scales and minor/major scales, that should keep you occupied

In all seriousness though, all the people here can do is 'advice' which road is best to follow, but you'll be the one making the choises eh.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Learn the major scale. Inside out - so you understand how its constructed in terms of notes and intervals.

That will give you a solid baseline for learning every other scale (pretty much every scale you'll ever use can be derived from the major scale), and also for learning how to construct chords easily - by learning to harmonise the scale in 3rds.
Quote by zhilla
Learn the major scale. Inside out - so you understand how its constructed in terms of notes and intervals.

That will give you a solid baseline for learning every other scale (pretty much every scale you'll ever use can be derived from the major scale), and also for learning how to construct chords easily - by learning to harmonise the scale in 3rds.

So do I learn every mode and position of it?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
You don't need to worry about modes at all for the time being, just the major scale.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You don't need to worry about modes at all for the time being, just the major scale.
This. I'd learn the major scale on paper, then try playing it single string, then 3nps, using the notes and intervals.

Edit: A scale is just a set of notes. You can play the scale anywhere on the neck that those notes appear.
Last edited by zhilla at Aug 19, 2009,