So UG,

I was playing with my band a couple of days back and,while practising i realised that,for the first time,my valve-state might need replacing. I know this amp gets a lot of negative thought,but i really love mine and it's been greatly reliable to me.

My band manager said to me, "Hey,dude,im not hearing your amp, what's up with it", Well i had it cranked and since the addition of a new guitarist, it just won't cut it, plus the reverb unit is completely shattered inside.

So i'm gonna get a new amp...

Some thing i'd like in an amp:
-Great cleans,really smooth!
-Good crunch channel!
-Footswitchable
-Valve
-I'd like a nice stack but,you guys need to tell me Whats best!

What I play:
-Hendrix
-Chilli Peppers
-Ratm
-Classic rock tunes.
-Funk/Rock
-The hardest i ocasionaly go is Metallica.

So i have a budget of £700. So guys suggest an amp,louder than my watt valvestate,with the tings i wrote above.

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Dunno if your budget can get you a 2nd hand JCM where you live....
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
iv been looking at used jcm 800 on gumtree and ebay,in the london area but nothing :/
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01
iv been looking at used jcm 800 on gumtree and ebay,in the london area but nothing :/

eh.

I'll be damned if I suggest a Vetta (or even a Flextone) used.

O wait.....

EDIT: They won't quite cut the lower gain stuff.... London area eh?
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
A nice Orange would be right up your alley, especially since you're in England. I'd look into an AD30 or a Rocker/Rockerverb 30 or 50.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
A nice Orange would be right up your alley, especially since you're in England. I'd look into an AD30 or a Rocker/Rockerverb 30 or 50.

This, or (if you're willing to + have the pedals) an 2nd Hand Vox AC 30 or something similair... they're floating on ebay for between 500-850 quid usually.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Oh yeah i forgot to mention iv got a few pedals
My Gig Rig...

I quite like the sound of the rocker 30 but im not sure...
My Gig Rig...

I'd personally go with an AD30, but the Rockers are great amps too. They're pretty raw rock'n'roll machines.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Perhaps look into laney?
I dunno about the individual models,but there are some similiar kind of laney combo's out there.Generally laney will also be cheaper,simply because they don't have that 'marshall' badge on them.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
^this man knows
Laney lc30 or vc 30 ftw
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Orange rocker 30, Cornford roadhouse 30, laney lionheart 20 watter, JCM800's, etc. Also, some old music man combos sound incredible.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

There's a Laney VC50 going on eBay right now for £300 from London.
That'd give you what you require and more.. should you ever need it.
404: Sig not found.
Last edited by ChrisN at Aug 19, 2009,
Bugera 6262
ENGL Thunder/Screamer
Orange Rocker 30
Laney GH50L
Laney VC/LC
Marshall DSL
Brunetti MC2
Peavey Classic 30
Randall RG-50 TC

You could also look into a few boutique makers, such as Matamp, Cornell, MJW (Martamp) Hayden, Valvepower, Mango, EVA, etc.
Boutique would be the way to go but he only has 800 GBP. That wont cut it. If you do save up some money look at the Swart Super Space Tone. But its like 2500 USD.
Quote by fretz86
Boutique would be the way to go but he only has 800 GBP. That wont cut it. If you do save up some money look at the Swart Super Space Tone. But its like 2500 USD.
Hayden Mofo. It's boutique, point to point construction, but is incredibly cheap.
Bugera 1960(sounds like an older Plexi)
Bugera 1990( clone of a JCM900 4100 Dual reverb)

should be able to get the head for a good price out there maybe
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes