i always practice but i have'nt master the proper way of getting the tune of the song thru strumming.. i dont have a guitar formal lesson because we dont have penny for that but i have here my bulky and old classic guitar, help me guys, i'm too desperate to learn and master playing Acoustic Guitar..
Last edited by coolDram at Aug 19, 2009,
What exactly is it you want to learn how to do? Strum properly?

If that's basically it, then I'd point out that this thread has just needlessly taken up the time you could otherwise have spent strumming your guitar, because you're not going to find any other miraculous way of learning to do it from here

Get a good range of artists, Oasis, Stereophonics, try a few indie bands, anyone who strums, there are loads of good acoustic songwriters like Howie Day, learn their songs from the tabs on this site

Its easy, its satisfying and you don't have to think very much

Edit: Always keep your guitar in tune. Its a massively important thing when ur playing full chords, and so many new guitarists underestimate the difference it makes
Last edited by voodoochild23 at Aug 19, 2009,
i love playing RNB & POP songs from those artist who is indemand today, like songs of Ne-yo, Taylor Swift, Drake, Keri Hilson etc. But everytime I practiced there songs and used those chords here in UG, i'm not satisfied the way i play those chords in my guitar, maybe because i dunno the properway of Strumming
Quote by voodoochild23
What exactly is it you want to learn how to do? Strum properly?

If that's basically it, then I'd point out that this thread has just needlessly taken up the time you could otherwise have spent strumming your guitar, because you're not going to find any other miraculous way of learning to do it from here

Get a good range of artists, Oasis, Stereophonics, try a few indie bands, anyone who strums, there are loads of good acoustic songwriters like Howie Day, learn their songs from the tabs on this site

Its easy, its satisfying and you don't have to think very much

Edit: Always keep your guitar in tune. Its a massively important thing when ur playing full chords, and so many new guitarists underestimate the difference it makes

thanks, i'll try, even though i dont know there music,
i used to do some funky strumming when i first started aswell
i learned basic strumming from a life house song you and me=p
it was just up down up down change
i actually dont use proper strumming patterns i think its a waste of time . instead i just go down, up, down up etc. to the beat of the song & work on it that way till it sounds like it . but that might be because i cant get to grips with strumming patterns like wonderwall because my teacher taught it me wrong & it sounds rubbish but since i've got that tune of strumming in my head, i can't do the actual strumming for wonderwall all in one go.. but i don't really play wonderwall anyways, i play more like you coolDram, with the R&B & Pop. Oh & just for ur info, taylor swift is country, not r&b or pop - but i play country aswell cos of her. if you need any help with a song, just lemme know? i'll try help you out.

anyways, good luck with the strumming & everything,
Cole
Quote by coolDram
up up.. help me guys

Trying to speed-learn the acoustic will be a completely fruitless waste of time. Do what everyone else in the world has to do and start from very basic songs. Lot's of time practicing is the only way to improve. There is no magic way around that.
^ Wisdom. If you play practice a lot, you'll learn faster. No magic tricks here.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Try playing something fast like Thrash metal (old metallica is good practice). Try play more rock songs that have just a little difficulty. Thats all i can give to you
Rhythm in your strumming hand might be developed a bit more if you've got any sort of drumming experience, I think what you need to do is spend a lot of time looking at the rhythms of all your favorite songs, just get into a habit of tapping along to them whenever they're on. Eventually it becomes second nature to follow the rhythm of any song, and when you strum along it might help with that too.

I say this because, when I first learn guitar everybody seemed to be raising the question of strumming patterns and I always wondered why they're stuck, and I think the fact that I used to play drums before guitar might be a factor in it.
more advice? keep practicing and all your strumming needs will be learned in time.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
There are two convenient ways to learn guitar fast. In the beginning would be through finding somebody who knows all the important essentials. Be guaranteed you know him; a close buddy, classmate or acquaintance. Potential, your special someone. He must stay tolerant sufficient to endure the determined hours of practice. Since if he won’t be, you’re dead meat. He may possibly teach you tips and strategies to proper fingering. This is challenging if you don’t know somebody but would be a sizeable benefit if you do know someone.