i suddenly discovered that a professional guitarist i know uses .9 gauge strings. he told me it was easier to bend etc. i have been using .10s as i thought that was the "standard".

what do you guys use?
I use 9's...
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
i use searchbar
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
11's Flatwound D'addarios. Standard tuning, I like them, because of the smooth sounding(sonuva B to get used to them) bends they deliver.
.13's in D Standard or Drop C.
.12's in E Standard.

Yum.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
11-52 dadderio on my t-o-m bridges and 11-50 dunlop on my floyd's, in e-flat
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I've recently moved up to 12's in standard.Not sure if the neck can handle it though.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
11-54 in drop c amd d standard
11-48 in drop d and e standard
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
using D'Addario 9's on my floyd guitar (in standard E) because i dont dare to change tunings/string guage and using Ernie Ball 12's on my ibanez (in standard D/drop C/standard B) but im gnna switch them for some 11's (DR Jeff Healeys) because I want it to tune to standard E to.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
11's for E-standard. But I'll go down to 10's again.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I've recently moved up to 12's in standard.Not sure if the neck can handle it though.

i am amost shocked about so many people being paranoic like:
- u teik off ur all string it so bad for teh neck, it 'll warp
- havy string r bad for teh neck
do you realise guys there is that big metal thing called truss rod? using heavy strings can damage guitar only if it is lighter-braced acoustic or has no truss rod
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
.11s - .48s in Drop C

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Currently using Elixir .10's, the coated ones. My official preferred strings of all time.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
.10's in Standard, thinking of moving down to .9's as when I had my strat it was easier to bend.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
I'm currently using a custom set of Ernie Ball 11-52's in standard tuning; I like it so much I think I'm gonna stick with it for a long time.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
10's on a Shecter C-1+, moved up from 9s. E-standard

I actually think its easier to bend in tune with 10s, because i like to go crazy on bends sometimes...i might even move up to 11s
at the moment i use 9 gauge strings because of my floyd rose, but normally i'd use 11 gauge at e standard. my frequent use of legato has also made me want to lower the gauge of my strings.
11-48 ernie balls.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.