M'kay. I'm broke and I need to make myself some money. I bought my black Les Paul Standard in 2007 for €2300. Its rarely gigged (I'm mainly a keyboard player), only got some belt buckle scratches on the back, basically it's in spiffing shape. How much do you think I could get for it? €1000?

I don't want to be without an electric and I've always loved Strats. But I'm into rock music so I want a HSS.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79152

^^ That seems cheap, does that mean its MIM? It doesn't say.

If I can get a good price for my LP I'd be at least a couple hundred yoyos up after this. Please advise me! Thanks.
I dunno about the price of the LP but yeah the strat's a mexi. If you spend a little more you could get a Highway one, the cheapest American. The stock mexi's are usually decent but a little less consistent than the US strats and the stock pups are pretty poor
EDIT: Beaten (I should write less)
dude some squiers' pickups are better than MIMs. but then the hardware isnt as good. depends on your budget really. The highway 1 is nice and probably the best strat for 500 euros. But then you could get a second hand american standard for something near that. For 350 you can get MIMs but they have poor pups (can be replaced though). Or at 250ish you can get a squier classic vibe strat - great pups, looks and reviews (this is what i am about to buy)
Yeah If you really wanna save money play plenty of squiers and you might well find a really nice one, but they can be VERY inconsistent, which is why the MIM's are more popular, because you're less likely to get a total lemon. If you're gonna buy online I'd go Highway 1, you'll most likely get a good instrument at a decent price (ordering cheap guitars online can be a bit of a minefield). I really dunno about the LP, in Britain a standard, maybe £1000? Maybe a bit more since the prices are constantly going up. I dunno about euros
Look used, and search for an old Fender Japan guitar, I got mine, (which had a bit of damage, minimal) for £295, which was a killer deal. MiM Strats, aren't bad though.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
see if you can find someone that would trade you their american strat plus cash, thats usually the best way if you wanna switch axe
If you want to stay with the LP shape, you could always get an ESP/LTD Eclipse. They're less than $900 for the LTD EC1000, so you should be able to afford it with what you make from the LP.

You could also probably get a MIA Strat used, try looking around at any local shops and be sure to try it out before you buy it.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
For selling your LP i'd just look around ebay for the standard going rate then sell it a bit under so it actualy gets sold. Also i'd go the MIA strat you should be able ro pick a good used one up for a good value.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I don't know if this thread is a bit too old to be bumping, but I think this would be better than starting a new thread.

Does the humbucker in the HSS really make a huge difference? I mean can I get a meaty ballsy rock n' roll sound with the SSS? If I put the pickup select inbetween the bridge and middle will I get a close enough sound? I know they say 80% of tone comes from the amp but you can always tell ehrn its a strat yaknow?
Quote by Icarus Lives
I don't know if this thread is a bit too old to be bumping, but I think this would be better than starting a new thread.

Does the humbucker in the HSS really make a huge difference? I mean can I get a meaty ballsy rock n' roll sound with the SSS? If I put the pickup select inbetween the bridge and middle will I get a close enough sound? I know they say 80% of tone comes from the amp but you can always tell ehrn its a strat yaknow?

Depends entirely on the amp really. I played my new EJ strat through an old JTM45 yesterday at my local guitar shop and I could play anything from Clapton to Hendrix to AC/DC. You can also hook up some pedals to push any amp harder. The humbucker will add a bit of a bit more grit to your sound, but there are also mini bucker single coils, and single coils that are wound hotter (Again, EJ strat's bridge pickup) to handle distortion better.

Just look into all Fenders. MIM's are good for the price, if you find a good one I'm sure it can rival some of the MIA's. Also look into Fender Japan and stuff like that. Fenders, just like Gibsons, have different neck profiles. For instance, you might prefer the Soft V shape found on '57 style'd strats compared to the Modern C found on most modern strats and the 60's style'd strats. Just like you might like the baseball bad D/U shape compared to V or C. You might like 9.5" radius compared to 7.25", or you might like the 12" radius compared to both of them.

If you liked your Gibson, I'd suggest a used EJ strat. I don't think I've really seen a bad review of it other than some of the Fender purists not liking the radius, but that's all preference. (Yes, I'm suggesting it because I own one, and I very much like it :])