First of all this is my first post here so I thought i'd say Hi

Now back to the main topic, I want to build a custom guitar, and I was wondering whether i could get some advice.
I am thinking about pre buying a body and neck from eBay (because A. I dont have the tools to route the holes for the pickups and bridge and things and B. i dont want to over complicate it for my first build) and then cutting some notches in it to make it more individual (i'm not going to go hacking away at the body too much because i know it will screw up the sustain and shizz)
I am then going to buy the EMG Zakk Wylde set for the guitar and an OFR and all of the necessary parts needed to finish the job.

If anyone can give me any advice as to if i'm going wrong anywhere and whether i should actually take part in this before i spend the moneys.

Thanks
Dan
As it's your first build, and you're only screwing things together, you could try some Dragonfire pickups to keep the cost down. I've heard good things about them, but I'm not in a position to be able to try some yet.

http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_68&products_id=525

Also, if you still go for real EMG's, buy them separately and on eBay. The full-price Zakk Wylde set is a rip-off.
thanks for the reply

i'm gonna have to look at those pickups, and hopefully i'll start on this soon, i'm trying to keep costs to a minimum while still keeping it to a decent quality.
i wasnt fussed by them not being 'Quik connect' anyway
i'm all up for soldering things lol
Guitars
Gear4Music Metal X (kinda dead, I dont know how to fix it )
Squier Strat

Amp
Squier SP-10

Pedals
Behringer Ultra Metal UM300
Quote by -MintSauce-
As it's your first build, and you're only screwing things together, you could try some Dragonfire pickups to keep the cost down. I've heard good things about them, but I'm not in a position to be able to try some yet.

http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_68&products_id=525

Also, if you still go for real EMG's, buy them separately and on eBay. The full-price Zakk Wylde set is a rip-off.

i have the dragonfire zebra creamers and there not that great . gfs pickups would be a better option
Quote by DS Greebo
i dont want to over complicate it for my first build) and then cutting some notches in it to make it more individual (i'm not going to go hacking away at the body too much because i know it will screw up the sustain and shizz)

Cutting a few notches will not screw up the sustain or ''shizz''. That'd be similar to just decreasing mass like semi hollow Les Pauls.

Anyways, what advice do you need? This post seems pretty straight to the point, you seem to have everything in check!
thats good then, i'll have to start on it soon, thanks guys!

Dan
Guitars
Gear4Music Metal X (kinda dead, I dont know how to fix it )
Squier Strat

Amp
Squier SP-10

Pedals
Behringer Ultra Metal UM300