My Vox AD30VT has been breaking a lot recently (I have had it a good few years though) and now I have decided that I aren't going to bother to get it repaired again despite that I really like the amp. I have decided to just get a new one however I was thinking of going for the AD50VT.

I just rang up my guitar teacher (who owns my local guitar shop) and he said he will find out how much he could get me an AD50VT for. But then he said that in the shop they have a 75 watt Line 6 Spider III amp for £150 with the foot board 2nd hand in mint condition.

I'm really into classic rock (led Zep etc) but I do love metal and grunge and I have found the AD30VT was great for playing all those genres.

So, what should I go for? AD50VT or Spider III?

EDIT: I would appreciate if people could maybe tell me about what they found was good/bad about either of these amps. Thanks.
Last edited by the_hoodster at Aug 19, 2009,
Post your definite budget, along with the genres/styles you'll be playing most of.
just say no to the spider its ****
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
i have that spider.....don't get it. it sounds too digital and overdone. they tried to pack so many features into it the overall tone quality drastically suffered. some of the effects are ok, but you can get something way better for about the same price. i could only find one or two settings that actually sounded decent. in the long run, it is not worth it. sometimes i even didn't feel like playing b/c it sounded so terrible. there were times where my old Fender Frontman 15G sounded better. The Fender is sold now and i am trying to get rid of the Line 6. I have Randall RM80 right now which sounds infinitely better than either of my old amps. If you can go higher than 150, then try to find a small tube combo.

if you can get the money, look into a B-52 AT-112. Blackheart BH5 112? Peavey Valveking Royal 8. Vox AC4TV.

good luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Aug 19, 2009,
Get the vox. I don't have much experience with them but I've really liked what I've heard so far. The spider though, I've been hearing 3 of them for months while jamming with my friends and don't get it. I've played them and heard them. It's hard to get a good sound, near impossible to get a bluesy crunch, plus the tone blows.
Def dont get the spider. Vox are great amps, very versatile, spiders sound way to digital.
R.I.P foREVer