I haven't picked up my guitar in a week. I used to love playing it ( 3 years) but now I just have no motivation. I also haven't played the piano in probably 2 weeks. I think all of this is because I'm learning to play the clarinet for marching band (I play Sax usually) and it's just taking up so much of my time, along with all the ap summer work I'm cramming in the last week of summer..

I haven't even watched you-tube videos of guitarists or anything. Should I just take a break until I have the motivation to play again?

Could anyone send a really inspirational guitar video my way? ( I love the blues =] )

Thanks, and sorry for my guitar-depression rant..
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Get together with a good musicians and play music in a group.

The best motivation there is.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Yeah, it is loads off fun to play with other people! If I would be you I would try that
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Yeah, take a break. It sounds like you have too much on your workload atm anyway. I have often taken 6 months and come back full of ideas. Each time my playing has improved a good bit, too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Tender Surrender - Steve Vai

Whenever I get bored of playing guitar, I just listen to that song and it makes me wanna pick it up again.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
i suffer from this also. i usually just take a break from playing guitar for 2 days when i feel this way and when i get back to playing i'm fine, i just find some new material that's challenging and when i master it i say "if i wasn't improving i wouldn't have been able to read this sheet music."
Pick up and album and learn it by ear.

Just started that recently - tons and fun, and really makes you want to play.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Pick up and album and learn it by ear.

Just started that recently - tons and fun, and really makes you want to play.

This. I have started this recently as well, trying to learn stuff by ear, along with playing with a group of people. Thats how you step your playing up a notch.
all the above are good ideas plus listen to something in a different genre and find inspiration from that.....